Group Personal Training Burlingame Boot Camp 4/21/15: I Am A Priority Challenge T- 5: Medicine Ball Core – Cardio Workout!
3 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: Cardio- 5 min *Stay aerobic
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 10s rest, 4 sets
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
Perform the following exercises for 40s in a circuit as a group. Rest 10s between each exercise. Perform 4 rounds. Rest 30s after each round after the cardio. Keep core engaged!
1. MB Standing Chest Pass-First 20s-Stationary–> Second 20s-Get the feet moving and each partner challenges the other-move the ball around *3B’s
2. MB Standing Side Facing Trunk Rotation (20s each side) *Partners are facing different directions *Keep arms straight and extended to increase challenge *3B’s *Look straight ahead *Rotate from core *Add pivot to use whole body *Cue to keep eyes on hands of partner
3. MB Kneeling Triceps Throw *Throw ball overhead as tolerated -MB should almost touch spine in between shoulder blades on eccentric phase–> follow through *Follow through *3B’s *Lighter ball as needed
4. MB Russian Twist with Pass *Sit tall-on sit bones and lower to about 45 degrees *Legs off ground if tolerated *Move from core *Rotate right to left and pass to partner *2B’s *Go back farther to increase ab tension *For those with back pain modify with supine Russian Twist
5. MB Prone Superman Pass *Superman position with arms at 45 degrees *Relax shoulders *Lock-Chest Up-Shoulders Back & Down *2B’s
6. MB Prone Plank Pass *Stay tight *Switch arms on the push *3B’s *Widen feet as needed
7. MB Sit Up Toss (40s each) *One partner is standing moving feet to keep heart rate up -supine partner throws ball to standing partner *Avoid sitting all the way up-keep tension *Dig heels *3B’s
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: Transformation
Your friend & coach,