Boot Camp Redwood City Fitness Training 6/4/15: Who Wants Flat Abs?
Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: *Review WOD below during warm-up and assign campers stations for the WOD below. After warm-up boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 15s rest, 8-10 Sets
Perform the following eight exercises by alternating two at a time for 40s each for 4 rounds before moving on to next set of two exercises. Transition goal: 15s
Create groups of 4-6. Put ladder/rings in center of room and entire group will do “their” ladder/ring movements.
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
1. TRX Pendulum- Knees to Elbows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehuIKp8-6uM *Movement at 40s mark *Stay tight *3B’s *On elbows as needed
2. Ladder: Run Through- 1 or 2 feet in each square *Relax heels *3B’s
3. Supine Partner MB Sit- Up *Wide feet *Dig heels *Only sit up around 45 degrees- much more than that you will lose tension in abs *3B’s – avoid arching back especially when bringing a ball overhead *Keep ball at chest for those with shoulder issues
4. Ladder- Lateral Shuffle (20s each direction) (move laterally)*Relax heels *3B’s *Relax heels
5. MB Partner Superman *2B’s *Relax shoulders as much as possible *Shoulders back & down *Pass or roll MB to partner while in superman *Lift thighs and upper body as high as possible *Most will not have mobility to pass without engaging upper traps
6. Ladder-Wide Skips (feet outside of ladder) *Relax heels *Toes up-get up high *3B’s *Relax heels
7. MB Seated Partner Russian Twist *Partners face each other *Rotate from core right to left after receiving ball à throw MB to partner *Receive MB in crunch position with feet off the ground *Do not sit all the way up *Keep tension on abs *3B’s *Tongue on roof of mouth *Sit tall – lengthened spine *Use wall as needed
8. Ladder-Icky Shuffle- Skipping one square if possible *Relax heels *3B’s
9. Lower Ab Partner Resistance Crunch (40s each- each partner will go for 2 sets) *Kneeling person applies resistance by pulling heels of feet of partner lying supine. Supine partner maintains knee position while doing a crunch *Goal is to keep knees over hips for person on the ground *Communication is needed here! *3B’s
10. Ladder-Zig Zag Jumps *Jump right to left while moving forward down the ladder on outside of ladder *Relax heels *3B’s
***Bonus core as needed if above 30 people: Partner Plank with Opp. Hand *Widen feet as needed for stability
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: Transformation
Your friend & coach,