Boot Camp Belmont Fitness Training 6/8/15: 6 Station Fat Loss Rotation
4 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Foundation Mobility Training (5 Min) *Add in more wrist mobility work *Start education here about the importance of breathing, emphasize slow, deep, rhythmic breaths, in and out of the nose, initiated from diaphragm (belly should rise first, rib cage second, chest third). Push the need to daily work on breathing before eating, if stressed, depressed, in the car etc. given it is our number one need. We can change our physiological state in seconds via breathing. If we master breathing, we can enjoy life at its fullest. Inverted or chest breathing sympathetic dominance (flight/fight response) > digestive complaints, neck issues, tmj, grinding of teeth, anxiety, scarcity, belly fat and more. In addition, explain the need to be in good posture for optimal breathing efficiency and to reduce potential injuries. With each movement incorporate breathing and make the movements flow. If there are tight areas focus on those areas and continue to breathe.
Phase 2: Cat-Cow Position Breathing/Drawing In Maneuver (1-2 Min)
Perform 1-2 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing and abdominal recruitment while in cat-cow. Initiate breathing with belly (let it fall) –>rib cage and then chest while performing cow, instead of initiating with chest. This is an easy way to teach people diaphragmatic breathing. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 10s each breath (3s inhale (belly falls)–> 3 s hold–> 5 s exhale and draw belly in towards spine, feeling oblique’s engaging while performing cat. This is not normal breathing given you don’t draw the belly in. The purpose of this is to educate about the inhalation and set the abdominal wall for ab exercises and other movements we do in the workout and prior to all lifts in the real world. This will help to stabilize the spine.
Phase 2: Core (Perform the following movements for 30s in a circuit with a 5s transition for 2 Sets (Total Time: 3:30)
1. 4 Point Tuck with Opposite Arm & Leg (5s Hold) *Stay tight- attempt to push over campers (lightly J) *Lock Shoulders Back & Down *3B’s *Relax shoulders
2. Dancing Crab *Hand bridge position on all 4’s: Start with butt down > lift hips off ground into bridge and reach right hand to left foot > lower hips > repeat on other side*Lock Shoulders Back & Down *3B’s
3. Supine Russian Twists *Rotate knees right to left- extend legs to make harder *3B’s *Keep shoulders on the ground
Phase 4: Primal Movements: Review the WOD below for 5-10 reps *Goal is blood flow, not max efforts
*Review WOD. Assign campers stations for the WOD below. After Phase 5 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own
WOD: Perform the following (6 Station) Primary Movements (PM) below for 40s intervals and follow with Active Rest Movement (ARM) for 40s for 3 sets each station, then rotate to next station. All Boot Campers will perform same ARM as a group; however, you can accommodate twice as many campers if half the group does the PM and the other half does ARM. Transition time is 5s between PM & ARM and so they need to move quickly.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 5s rest, 6 sets, 30s transition time after all 3 sets are complete for PM & ARM, 36 total sets for workout.
PM (40s x 3 Sets):
- Bosu/Disc Unstable Squats (Hold at bottom for 5s-Get low) *Hinge from hips *2B’s *Studio: Round side down for Bosu *If there are no discs available do 1 leg squats for 20s each side-can also do on discs J
- Plate/MB/SB Front Loaded Reverse Wood Chops (20s each side) *Weight Shift with movement *Move from core *Hinge from hips *2B’s *Shoulders Back & Down
- Inchworm Spiderman Push-Up *Stand tall > allow arms to reach towards the ground > perform inchworm with hands (walk hands forward to plank under shoulders (hold) > perform a spiderman push-up on each side > perform inchworm with feet (straight legs) > perform inchworm with hands (walk hands forward to plank > perform a spiderman push-up on each side > repeat *3B’s *Shoulders Back & Down
- Split Squats with Biceps Curl (Ripp Trainer @ Studio, Band, DB’s) (20s each side) *3B’s *Shoulders Back & Down
- Pull-Ups (Reverse Grip) *3B’s *Shoulders Back & Down *Studio: Use narrow bars
- Rope: Squat with Horizontal Snake *Perform repeated snakes with squat pattern (don’t stop squatting) *Keep arms fairly straight and bring in and out like a reverse fly *3B’s *Shoulders Back & Down
ARM (40s x 3 Sets):
*Perform one movement after the other in a circuit
- In-In-Out-Out Footwork Drill (20 s leading in with each foot) *Start with feet wide *Relax heels *3B’s
- Fast Run in Place- drive elbows *Keep feet close to ground *Drive elbows *Relax heels *3B’s
- Speed Skaters *Hinge from hip *Back flat *2B’s
- High Knee Runs (Green light – red light) *3B’s *Toes up Drive elbows
- Forward-Forward-Back-Back Footwork Drill (20 s leading with each foot) *Relax heels *3B’s
- Tuck Jump *Bring knees as high as possible and repeat *Relax heels *3B’s
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: Transformation
Your friend & coach,