Boot Camp San Carlos Fitness Training 7/2/15: 21 Day Tummy Tuck Day 16- Flat Abs Workout
Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min)
Phase 3: Review workout below and assign groups of 2-4 per for each of the 7 stations below.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 20s rest, 3 sets *This workout will take 42 min so be quick with warm-up
Alternate the following 7 core-cardio stations two at a time for 3 rounds. 40s intervals with 15s rest. It will take 15-20s to transition the TRX movements. Tell the group to keep their feet moving while they wait for the TRX.
- MB Wall Supine Sit-Up Throw *Feet on wall – dig heels *Throw ball against wall *3B’s Look at abdomen
- MB Kneeling Wall Side Facing Trunk Rotation (20s each side) *3B’s *Rotate from core
- TRX Pike *Make a V- straight legs *3B’s *Shoulders Back & Down *Modify with Jack Knife or Hold
- TRX Leg Curls *3B’s *Bring hips up and down to make easier *Modify with bridge hold or alt. legs
- Battle Ropes: Double Wave*2B’s *Hinge from hips *Jog when tired
- Battle Ropes: T *Hinge from hips slightly and open arms to sides in letter T *Extend arms to make harder *2B’s
- Speed Ladder-Icky Shuffle (20s leading with each foot) *Relax heels
- Speed Ladder-Carioca (20s leading with each foot) *Relax heels
- Swiss Ball Russian Twists *Hips up *3B’s *Rotate from core *Studio: Do in Monkey Bar Room
- Swiss Ball Combo Crunch *Start supine with arms overhead & legs extended with ball between feet, crunch up with upper and lower half and grab ball, repeat and place ball back in between feet *3B’s *Look at abdomen *Studio: Do in Monkey Bar Room
- Jump Rope *Relax heels *Studio: X-Bikes *Gymnastics Facilities: Trampoline (Mix up patterns)
- Jump Rope- Heel/Toe *Relax heels *Studio: X-Bikes *Gymnastics Facilities: Trampoline (Mix up patterns)
- Glider Roll-Out *Move from hips *Straight arms-push into ground *Wide Knees *3B’s *Keep hips square
- Glider Standing Jumping Jacks *3B’s
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: Transformation
Your friend & coach,