Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale).
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min)
Phase 3: Review WOD model and each movement quickly. You will be guiding group so you can go over each exercise during WOD also. Go slower as needed during 1st round to make sure form is good. Speed up rounds 2 & 3.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 50s work time, 10s rest
We will be doing 2 min of cardio followed by 4 core exercises and then another set of cardio & core exercises for 3 rounds.
Perform the following core/cardio workout in a GROUP. All core exercises are 50s each. There should be a quick transition as a group (10s) between exercises.
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
1. Speed Ladders Again: 2 Min *Coach makes up new movement for group to follow after each 30s interval *Relax heels
2. Supine Elbow Lower Ab Corkscrew (20s each direction) *On elbows, lock shoulders back & down *Both legs work independently *Keep 3 B’s (especially imprint of spine) *Lower legs to make harder *Look at abdomen *Tongue on roof of mouth *Grab knees to chest if back gets tight
3. One Leg Bridge (Foot on ball/roam to increase ROM) (20s Each Side) *Raise hips up and down *Foot under knee *Toes up *Hips level *2B’s
4. Push-Up Hold with Hip Flexion Hold (25s Each Side) *Simply bend hip and knee at 90 degrees and hold each side for 25s *Corkscrew elbows *3 B’s
5. Seated Core Stabilization *In seated position with lengthened spine grab knees to chest, feet slightly off the ground attempt to extend arms overhead and hold as long as possible without moving body *Cam move arms up and down to challenge *2 B’s
6. Speed Ladders Again: 2 Min *Coach makes up new movement for group to follow after each 30s interval *Relax heels
7. Oblique Crunches with Straight Legs *Crunch right to left *Look at quads *Tongue on roof *Chin tucked *3B’s
8. Modified Superman *Start with Arms Overhead *Drive Elbows Back & Down *Chest Up (Hold 5s)
9. Side Plank on Hand (25s Hold Each Side) *Modify as needed
10. Supine Jack-Knife (25s Each Side) *Lift upper body into crunch and repeat while legs stay in same position * Extend one leg out and bring opposite knee up *Tongue on roof *Look down
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge. Sign up for the 6 Week Body Transformation Challenge: Challenge
Your friend & coach,