Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: Cardio Speed Work (Goal is to stay aerobic-recovery day. Emphasize nose breathing and controlled breathing)
- Toes up, land on ball of foot
- Drive elbows, hands should go cheek to cheek- keep arms at 90
- Maintain good posture- look straight ahead
- Explode/react off the ground
10 Yard Running Drills (Perform each drill 2-4x):
- Forward Jog *Cue to push backwards into the ground to go forwards.
- Backwards Jog *Hinge from hips *Cue to push forwards into the ground to go backwards.
- High Knee Skip *Goal is to work on stride frequency (quick leg turnover) so explode off the ground *Land with toes up on ball of the foot *Arm drive helps the leg drive
- High Knee Run *Goal is to work on stride frequency (quick leg turnover) so explode off the ground *Land with toes up on ball of the foot *Arm drive helps the leg drive
- Lateral Push-Off *Start in athletic position and perform a lateral step to the right by pushing with the left foot to go laterally to the right (for every action there is an opposite reaction)à back in athletic position and repeat (kind of like a one leg lateral hop) *Not a speed drill, but a power drill (Repeat on other side after completion of 10 yards)
- Lateral Shuffle *Start in athletic position *Goal is quick feet
- Carioca *Start in athletic position *Goal is quick feet
- Add others if time tolerates.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 50s work time, 10s rest, 8 sets
Alternate the following 6 core-cardio exercises two at a time for 4 rounds, 50s each with 15s transition time:
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
- Supine Prisoner Lower Ab Curl Up with MB Btw Knees *3B’s *Drive elbows into ground or anchor hands overhead if neded to make easier *Control movement on the way down *Stay tight *See video above
- Glider Leg Curls: *Curl heels to butt as butt rises in air *Toes up *Hold for 2s *Do 1 leg at a time while maintaining bridge to make easier *Use hands as needed to help *3B’s *Bridge when fatigued
- Supine Body Rock Leg Raises on Elbows *Place hands on obliques to feel contraction *3B’s *Go lower to make harder *To make easier raise legs and perform another pattern- corkcrew, one leg out-alt, etc. *Keep chest up with shoulders back & down *See video above
- Swiss Ball Side Crunch- 25s Each Side *Bring ball towards hip to make harder and to increase range of motion *Keep chest up with shoulders back & down *Squeeze shoulder blades *Hold squeeze at top for 2s and go all the way down to get stretch. *See video above
- Supine Knee Hugs *3 B’s *Start by laying on your back with your arms open and legs just a few inches off of the ground (raise legs higher to make easier and bend knees). Squeeze your abs and sit up to hug your knees. Avoid touching ground *Modify with one leg *See video above
- Disc/Bosu Kneeling MB Figure 8’s *3Bs *Kneel on disc or Bosu *Squeeze MB and bring ball in front of chest in a horizontal figure 8 pattern while maintaining stability *Extend arms to make harder or increase load and speed *See video above
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: Transformation
Your friend & coach,