Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: Review GROUP WOD during phase 2 and 3 as needed. Assign campers stations for the WOD below. After review boot campers immediately transition to WOD as a large group. They can get water at any time on their own.
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
Alternate the exercises below (7 Stations) two at a time for 4 Rounds for 30s in a circuit (rest 5 s in between). After completing 4 sets of each pair, move onto to the next two exercises. Quick transitions!
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt *2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
1. Speed Ladder-Lateral Shuffle (change directions each time) *Relax heels
2. Speed Ladder-Carioca (change directions each time) *Relax heels
3. MB Partner Sit Up Toss *Wide feet *Dig heels *3B’s
4. MB Partner Sit Up Toss *Wide feet *Dig heels *Throw ball to sides off body to challenge stability on 2nd set
5. X-Bike *Mix in intervals standing *Educate campers that they need to increase gear in order to stand and to pedal faster
7. Fireman Walk *Hold heavy db’s or kb’s *Take a big stride and walk with a focus on heel-toe *3B’s *Shoulders back & down *Studio: Place weights on a mat to avoid getting the mats dirty
8. Fireman Walk *Hold heavy db’s or kb’s *Take a big stride and walk with a focus on heel-toe *3B’s
*Shoulders back & down
9. Battle Ropes: Triceps Kickbacks *Get full extension of elbow *Keep elbows by sides *Hinge from hips *2B’s *If more than 24 people only go 20s and jog in place for 20s (if you only have 4 ropes)
10.Battle Ropes: Alternating Wave *Quick hands *Extend arms *Hinge from hip *Shoulders back & down *2B’s
11.TRX Biceps Curls: *Keep 3B’s *Shoulders back & down
12.TRX T *Staggered stance *Use legs to help arms *Squeeze shoulder blades for 2 s *Keep 3B’s *Stay tight *Head up, chest up, shoulders back & down
13.Swiss Ball Leg Curls *Keep hips up and level *3B’s
14. Swiss Ball Lower Ab Rotations *Engage 3 B’s *Lift legs higher to make harder, lower to make easier *Squeeze ball between ankles and rotate ball right to left with legs straight
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: Transformation
Your friend & coach,