Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: *Coaches review WOD below during warm-up above. After review immediately transition to GROUP WOD. Campers can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 10s rest, 4 sets
We will be doing 10 sets per round-2 walk/jog stations & 8 core movements for 40s each. Perform 4 rounds. Perform the following workout as a big group.
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
Walk/Jog- 60s *Stay aerobic
1. Lower AB Vertical Scissors *Raise or lower the legs to increase or decrease intensity *3B’s *Count out loud as a group and bring the energy, i.e. 1-2-3–>, 1-2-3–>2, etc. *Crunch up to also make harder *Keep chin tucked *Tongue on roof of mouth *If back or hips get tight grab knees to chest
2. Bridge with Leg Crossover (20s each side)*Keep hips up & level-place hands on hips for feedback *Toes lifted on both feet *Ankle crossed on opposite knee- get a good stretch *Get a good stretch in hip *3B’s
3. Plank Up-Downs (20 s leading with each hand) *Start on elbows – right handàright elbowàrepeat for 20s and switch to other side *3B’s *Go to knees as needed *Widen feet to make easier
4. Prone Modified Superman with Hip AB *Start with arms overhead with relaxed shoulders > bring elbows to back pockets while lifting and abducting thighs off ground. Lift chest off ground at same time. * Legs straight *Hold for 3s and repeat *Toes to nose *Lock shoulders back & down- squeeze shoulder *Entire backside is working, front side is stretching
Walk/Jog- 60s *Stay aerobic
*Campers need partners
1. MB Partner Kneeling Chest Pass *For 20s throw at chest –next 20s mix the ball up *3B’s
2. MB Partner Kneeling Side Rotations – 20s each side *Partners face same direction for 20s and switch (side to side) *Move from core *3B’s
3. MB Partner Sit-Up Toss *Throw from chest or overhead – be careful of shoulder *3B’s *Longer legs on outside *Dig heels into ground
4. MB Partner Indian Fighting – 20s each side *Line up right ear to ear with right hand on the ball for both partner – the goal is to get the ball away from partner and score a goal through partners legs- switch sides after 20s *Legs should be wide *Plank position *Make sure each person has their hand under their shoulder – they will end up extending their arm if not cued properly **3B’s
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: Transformation
Your friend & coach,