Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: None
*Review WOD below during warm-up above quickly. After review immediately transition to WOD.This will be a group workout. They can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 50s work time, 10s rest, 4 sets
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
Perform the following exercises as a big group for 50s each with 10s rest in between in a circuit for 4 rounds.
1. Quadruped (Bear) with Knees Off Ground-Opp. Arm & Leg or (5 x 5-10s Hold) *Knees hip width *Lock shoulders back & down *Relax shoulders *Attempt to push campers from side and emphasize stability and strength *Modify with arms or legs only or just Bear
2. Prone Butt Pincher Hold with AB/AD *On stomach with knees open as wide as possible and heels pressing into each other *Lift thighs up hold, squeeze butt and bring knees in & out – squeeze knees at end
3. Bicycle Crunch *Hands outside of eyebrows *Bring elbow towards opp. knee *Lower legs to make harder *3B’s *Relax shoulders *Tongue on roof of mouth *Look at abdomen
4. Bridge with Opp. Arm & Leg (5x10s Hold) *Feet under knees *Toes up *Lift shoulder blades fist height off ground *3B’s
5. Straight Leg Opp. Hand to Toe Touch *Start with arms overheadà Reach right hand towards left toe and back to startà alt. sides *Toes to nose *Look at abdomen – relax neck *3B’s *Tongue on roof of mouth
6. Supine Trunk Rotation Hold with Leg Extension *3B’s *Rotate legs to right with bent knees, extend knees and hold for 5 s—> switch *Keep shoulders on ground
7. Lateral Ape (25s each side) *Sit into deep squat position > reach with straight arms to right-laterally jump right > repeat for 25s then go the other direction *Shoulders back & down
8. Side Lying Groin (25s each side) *3B’s *Shoulders back & down Squeeze shoulder blades*Head back
9. Obstacle Course/Cardio (2 min)
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: Transformation
Your friend & coach,