4 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Breathing Squats
Perform 1-2 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing and abdominal recruitment while performing breathing squats: Start by standing with feet shoulder width and everted. Initiate breathing with belly (let it fall) > rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest > hinge from hips and lower hips to ground while exhaling* > inhale as you stand upright repeat *This is opp. of our normal breathing for loaded squats- this is like a ZEN squat *Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 10s each breath (3s inhale (belly falls) > 3 s hold > 5 s exhale and draw belly in towards spine) * As they continue to breathe, squat and relax, they should feel their hips lowering, heels going closer to the ground and hips opening.
Phase 2: Foundation Mobility Training (5 Min) Incorporate movements similar or the same as the workouts below Explain the need to be in good posture for optimal breathing efficiency, strength, endurance, balance, etc. and to reduce potential injuries. With each movement incorporate breathing and make the movements flow. If there are tight areas focus on those areas and continue to breathe.
Phase 3: Primal Movements: Review the WOD below for 5-10 reps *Goal is blood flow, not max efforts
*Review WOD below during Phase 2 & 3 above. After Phase 3 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 120s work time, 0s rest, 6 sets
As a Group: Have your campers perform the following 4 exercises for 8 reps each. They have 2 minutes to complete it. Set your gymboss/timer for every 2 minutes for them to restart and repeat. If your campers are getting too much rest have them do 9 reps of each. If they are not getting enough rest have them do 7 and etc. Complete 6 sets of 2 minutes. 2 Different Main Circuits are below. Half of your group will do #1 and the other half will do #3.
· 8 Side Lying One Arm Push-Ups (each arm) *3B’s *Stack hips *Shoulders back & down http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTJaQGR99pQ *Legs straight to increase difficulty
· 8 Prisoner Split Squats (each leg) *3B’s *Shoulders back & down
· 8 DB/KB/Plate Bent Over Rows (each arm) *2B’s *Shoulders back & down *Squeeze shoulder blades *Make it a tough 8 reps, especially for the ladies
· 8 Cross Over Mountain Climbers (each leg) *3B’s *Shoulders back & down *Move from core
After Circuit #1: ¼ Mile Run or 2 min jog
1-3 minutes Rest (Review Circuit #2 during this time)
· 8 Burpees *Hit chest to ground *3B’s
· 8 Pull-Ups or 8 Rope Climbs (each arm) or 8 Cargo Net Climbs (each arm) *3B’s
· 8 Prisoner Sumo Jump Squats *Wide feet *Toes out *2B’s *Get low with hips
· 8 Crab Walks (8 each arm and leg combos) *Butt 1”off ground *Shoulders back & down *Squeeze shoulder blades *2B’s
After Circuit #2: ¼ Mile Run or 2 min jog
2-3 minutes Rest (Review Tabata Finisher during this time)
As a Group Finisher: Have them perform the following Tabata’s. 20 sec of work and 10 seconds of recovery for 8 sets (4 minutes). Rest 30-60s between the two different exercises.
Tabata #1: Plank Jacks *Shoulders back & down *Keep core from sinking *3B’s
Tabata #2: Side Plank (4 sets each side) *3B’s *Shoulders back & down *Squeeze shoulder blades *Head straight *Increase intensity by doing leg raises with top leg *Lower intensity by crossing over top leg
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: Transformation
Your friend & coach,