Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: Review Core/Cardio Movements: Review the WOD below for 5-10 reps *Goal is blood flow, not max efforts
*Review WOD below during Phase 2 & 3 above and assign campers stations for the WOD below. After Phase 3 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
WOD: Perform the following (6 Station) CORE Movements below for 40s intervals and follow with CARDIO for 40s for 3 sets each station, then rotate to next station. All Boot Campers will perform same CARDIO as a group; however, you can accommodate twice as many campers if half the group does the CORE and the other half does CARDIO. Transition time is 5s between CORE & CARDIO and so they need to move quickly.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 5s rest, 6 sets, 30s transition time after all 3 sets are complete for CORE & CARDIO, 36 total sets for workout.
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
CORE (40s x 3 Sets):
1. Battle Ropes: Jumping Jacks with Rope and Egg Beaters (20s each) *2B’s *Hinge from hip
2. TRX Hip Drop (20s each side) *3B’s
3. MB Partner Slams and Chest Pass (20s each) *Partners face each other *Use whole body and throw MB into mat- partner catches on bounce *2B’s
4. Bosu Lower Ab March *Support back with ball-move father back to increase intensity *Arms overhead *3B’s
5. Swiss Ball Leg Curls *3B’s *Keep hips up *Bridge with fatigue
6. Prisoner Cobra Hold *2B’s *Squeeze shoulder blades *Look straight *Feet on ground
Cardio: (40s x 3 Sets):
1. Jump Squats
2. Airborne Heismans
3. Swing Kicks
4. Double Airborne Heismans
5. Twist Combo
6. Hot Foot
See video of movements here:
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: Transformation
Your friend & coach,