4 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Foundation Mobility Training (5 Min) *Add in more wrist mobility work *Start education here about the importance of breathing, emphasize slow, deep, rhythmic breaths, in and out of the nose, initiated from diaphragm (belly should rise first, rib cage second, chest third). Push the need to daily work on breathing before eating, if stressed, depressed, in the car etc. given it is our number one need. We can change our physiological state in seconds via breathing. If we master breathing, we can enjoy life at its fullest. Inverted or chest breathing sympathetic dominance (flight/fight response) > digestive complaints, neck issues, tmj, grinding of teeth, anxiety, scarcity, belly fat and more. In addition, explain the need to be in good posture for optimal breathing efficiency and to reduce potential injuries. With each movement incorporate breathing and make the movements flow. If there are tight areas focus on those areas and continue to breathe.
Phase 2: Breathing Squats (NEW)
Perform 1-2 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing and abdominal recruitment while performing breathing squats: Start by standing with feet shoulder width and everted. Initiate breathing with belly (let it fall) > rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest > hinge from hips and lower hips to ground while exhaling > inhale as you stand upright repeat *Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 10s each breath (3s inhale (belly falls) > 3 s hold > 5 s exhale and draw belly in towards spine) * As they continue to breathe, squat and relax, they should feel their hips lowering, heels going closer to the ground and hips opening.
Phase 3: Core (Perform the following movements for 30s in a circuit with a 5s transition for 2 Sets (Total Time: 3:30)
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
NONE- Included in wod below
Phase 4: Primal Movements: Review the WOD below for 5-10 reps *Goal is blood flow, not max efforts
*Review WOD below during Phase 3 & 4 as needed. Assign small groups and stations. Immediately transition to WOD after review. They can get water at any time on their own.
Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 0s rest for 40 cycles (5 rounds) *there is no transition time, emphasize quick transitions. They can get water as needed but keep the clock going. This will be a tough one.
1. MB Wall Shoulder Put: 20s each side *MB starts at shoulder – pretend you are putting it across a football field *Move from core *Pivot *Connect to ground *2B’s *Use back foot and drive into ground
2. Lateral Jump Over Line- Moving Fwd & Back Laterally: 20s each direction (right & left)*3B’s *Relax Heels
3. Ropeflex Knelling Pull & Rotate (40s): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_z84Nms6zU *Lock Shoulders Back & Down Move from core *3B’s *Stay close to device *Faster you go, the harder it is
4. Cargo Net-Around the Net: 40s *Start on one side of the net and climb your way to the other side or Monkey Bars (lateral reach back & forth) *Alternative: Hang on either
5. Burpee with SB/MB Press: 40s *Hit chest to ground *3B’s *Modify Burpees as needed
6. Cardio: Run/Jog/Walk: 40s * Create a lane *Add SB to make more difficult
7. Wheel Barrow (20s each) *Partner on ground needs to maintain a strong plank-avoid arch in back or back ext. *Keep shoulders back & down *Hands under shoulders *Standing partner holds leg and goes at speed of partner on the ground- SLOW! *Standing partner needs to keep 3B’s also with shoulders back & down *Modify with beast
8. Lateral Squat Walk with Ankle Band: 20s each direction *Stay low in squat *Keep pelvis stable *Shoulders back & down *2B’s *Hinge from hip
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: Transformation
Your friend & coach,