4 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Supine Position Breathing/Drawing In Maneuver
Perform 1-2 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Foundation Mobility Training (5 Min) Incorporate movements similar or the same as the workouts below Explain the need to be in good posture for optimal breathing efficiency, strength, endurance, balance, etc. and to reduce potential injuries. With each movement incorporate breathing and make the movements flow. If there are tight areas focus on those areas and continue to breathe.
Phase 3: Core (Perform the following movements for 30s in a circuit with a 5s transition for 2 Sets)
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 30s work time, 5s rest, 6 total sets
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
1. Prone Plank with Butt Kick *3B’s *Feet together *Look up to increase curvature in neck *Bring knee towards butt *Alt. leg
2. Prone Flutter Kicks *Lift thighs as high as possible off ground *If pain, lower legs *Keep legs straight *Toes to nose
3. Supine Oblique Chops *3B’s *Imagine holding a ball or stick overhead –> chop to right side of hip–> back to center overhead–> chop to left side of hip *Tonue on roof of mouth *Avoid looking up – tuck chin
Phase 4: Primal Movements: Review the WOD below for 5-10 reps *Goal is blood flow, not max efforts
*Review WOD below during Phases 3&4. After Phase 4 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
WOD: Campers will complete this ENTIRE workout at one time in their best time possible. For example, complete all 50 push-ups before moving on. However- the ¼ mile runs (approx. 2 min) can be designed to be “recovery.” Make sure the campers work with a partner
Perform 50 reps of each strength exercise- exercises can be mixed and matched in any order. Modify reps as needed. Pair each camper with a partner and encourage them to support and assist each other with form.
1) Walk/Jog/Sprint- 2 min (fast jog) or (slow jog/fast walk) *Studio-Can use bike, elliptical, treadmill, liners
2) Swiss Ball Push-Ups with Feet Elevated (hands on side of ball (wrists should be neutral) or ground): 50 *Stay tight – 3 B’s *Show campers variations – for those with shoulder/postural issues- just hold *Campers can also place knees on elevated surface to modify *Shoulders back & down *Elbows in
3) Walk/Jog/Sprint- 2 min (fast jog) or (slow jog/fast walk) *Studio-Can use bike, elliptical, treadmill, liners – keep 2 lanes open
4) Prisoner Squats or Prisoner Squat Jumps: 50 *Can add weight as desired *Hinge from hips *Squeeze shoulder blades *2B’s
5) Walk/Jog/Sprint- 2 min (fast jog) (slow jog/fast walk) *Studio-Can use bike, elliptical, treadmill, liners
6) Dynamic Step-Ups (50/side) *Lead with right foot for 50 reps and repeat with left (up-up-down-down) *Modify with various step heights *Shoulders back & down *3B’s
7) Walk/Jog/Sprint- 2 min (fast jog) or 3 min (slow jog/fast walk) *Studio-Can use bike, elliptical, treadmill, liners
8) Walking Lunges with MB/SB Rotation (50/side) *Slight forward lean *Shoulders back & down *3B’s
9) Walk/Jog/Sprint- 2 min (fast jog) or (slow jog/fast walk) *Studio-Can use bike, elliptical, treadmill, liners
10) Battle Rope: Alternating Waves (50/side)*Overhand Grip *Shoulders back & down *2B’s *Hinge from hips *Studio: RopeFlex Kneeling Pull & Rotate (50/side) *Move from core
11) Walk/Jog/Sprint- 2 min (fast jog) (slow jog/fast walk) *Studio-Can use bike, elliptical, treadmill, liners
12) Rows (TRX, SB/Plate Bent Over Rows, etc): 50 *Make the weight tough for 15 so they need to rest a little *2B’s *Shoulders back & down *Squeeze shoulder blades and hold for 2s *Make it tough to do 10-15 reps. Campers should need a rest after 10-15
13) Walk/Jog/Sprint- 2 min (fast jog) or slow jog/fast walk) *Studio-Can use bike, elliptical, treadmill, liners
14) Cross Over Mtn. Climber (50/side) *Bring Knee to Opp. Elbow *Shoulders back & down *3B’s
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: Transformation
Your friend & coach,