3 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: *Review WOD below during warm-up and assign campers stations for the WOD below. After warm-up boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 15s rest, 4 sets
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
Alternate the following core/cardio movements two at a time for 4 sets each. After 4 sets each move on to the next two movements. Perform each core exercise for 40s. There should be a quick transition (15s) between exercises.
- Prisoner Lower Ab March with Swiss Ball *Lower back supported by ball – crunch up – walk back to make harder *Bring knees up and down *Do your best to maintain stability *3B’s *Shoulders back & down
- Swiss Ball Supine Bridge with Leg Raise (Alt. Legs) *Feet on Ball *Straight legs *3B’s *Keep hips level
- APT Bands: Resisted Lateral Shuffle (20s each side) *Athletic position *Be in control
- APT Bands: Resisted Forward-Backwards Jog *Athletic position *Resistance is applied at waist under belly *Be in control
- Battle Ropes: Kneeling Figure 8’s *Bring rope horizontally in 8 pattern *Shoulders back & down
- Battle Ropes: Kneeling Double Waves *Shoulders back & down *2B’s
- TRX T ( Hold 2s) *One foot forward one foot back to help with movement as needed *Shoulders back & down *Squeeze shoulder blades *3B’s
- TRX Biceps Curls *Shoulders back & down *3B’s
- NRG Ball Seated Russian Twist *Make sure stick is on tight *NRG Ball and rotate right to left *2B’s *Shoulders back & down *Move from core *Feet off ground *Grab knees to chest if back hurts
- NRG Ball Supine Chop *Make sure stick is on tight *Alt. right to left *3B’s *Tongue on roof of mouth *Look at abdomen
- Glider Standing Hip Ab/Ad *Hold onto Ropeflex *3B’s *Modify with Jumping Jacks
- Glider Roll Out *3B’s-stay tight *Press into ground with straight arms *Move from hip
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: Transformation
Your friend & coach,