Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: Review WOD below
*Review WOD below during Phase 2 & 3 above and assign campers stations for the WOD below. After Phase 3 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 1 min work time, 0 rest, 3 sets, 30s transition
Perform the following 4 stations in a circuit. Do station 1 for 3 min > station 2 for 3 min, etc. Repeat for 3 Rounds. Rest approx. 30s in between stations for set up. This should take 36 minutes.
Notice there is no rest time in between exercises for II & IV. Just call out each minute and campers transition in stations II & IV. Get them to transition as quickly as they can, so keep equipment close.
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
- Cardio: Walk/Jog- 3 min *Stay aerobic
- CORE: 1 Min/Exercise *No transition time
- Supine Jack Knife- 30s each side *Right knee and hip flexed at 90 > Crunch up for 30s *Repeat on other side *3B’s *Tongue on roof of mouth *Hands off to side of head *Lower legs to increase intensity
- Side Plank Hip Drop (30s each side) *3B’s *Shoulders back & down
- Supine Prisoner Lower Abdominal with Foam Roll Btw Knees * Keep heels close to butt- bring knees towards shoulders *3B’s
III. Cardio: Group Cardio Follow the Leader *Member of group leads the movement every 30s *Stay aerobic *Relax heels
- CORE: 1 Min/Exercise
- MB Partner Superman *Pass or roll MB to partner *Legs straight *Lift chest & legs *Shoulders back & down *2B’s
- MB Partner Kneeling Side Rotations – 30s each side *Partners facing same direction *3B’s *Rotate from core *Increase speed or weight of ball as tolerated
- MB Partner Sit-Up Toss *Throw from chest or overhead *3B’s *Tongue on roof of mouth *Both partners are supine
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: Transformation
Your friend & coach,