3 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: Core – Perform 2 sets each
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
- Turkish Get Up (3 Reps Only) *Everyone has a weight (3-35 pounds) *Keep arm straight- lock shoulder back & down *They can also do without weight as needed or just skip *3B’s *For the motor challenged out there, just hold a weight above head–>stand up and lie down anyway possible *Most important cue is to tell campers to keep front foot on the ground the entire time. If they lift up the foot even a little strength is reduced.
- Side Plank with Rotation (30s each side) *3B’s *Modify as needed onto knees *Look down at elbow when pointed towards the ground and and look up when elbow is pointed up at ceiling *Lock shoulders back & down- squeeze shoulder blades *Keep hips stacked *Rotate from core *Increase intensity by using weight
Phase 4: Obstacle Course/Cardio (2-3 Min)
*Review WOD below during warm-up above. After Phase 4 boot campers immediately transition to Group WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 10s rest, 4 sets.
WOD: Perform the following 5 exercises in a circuit as a group for 4 rounds (grab a weight for each person). Each exercise should be done for 40s with 10s rest.
- Seated Russian Twist with Weight (40s)*Rotate Torso RT–> LT with Arms Extended as Tolerated *Feet off ground if tolerated *Shoulders back & down *2B’s *For those with back issues, perform supine trunk rotations
- Kneeling Side Bend with Weight On Head (40s) *Squeeze Shoulder Blades *3B’s *Widen knees for stability
- Supine Chops with Weight (40s) *Chop Right –>Center–> Left *3B’s *Look at abdomen *Tongue on roof of mouth *For those with back issues, make sure they imprint spine into ground- back tends to arch when MB is overhead. *Can also bring MBV to forehead
- One Leg Bridge with Foot on MB/Foam Roll (20s Each Side) *Raise hips up and down *Foot under knee *Toes up *Hips level *2B’s
- Supine Weighted One Leg V Up (40s) *Alt. sides *Start supine with arm overhead holding MB, legs and arms straight–> crunch with weight and lift right leg up as high as possible–> attepmpt to touch weight to foot and bring back to floor–>repeat on other side *Tongue on roof of mouth *3B’s *For those with back issues, make sure they imprint spine into ground- back tends to arch when MB is overhead. *Can also bring MBV to forehead
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: Transformation
Your friend & coach,