Past workout: https://brienshamp.com/2013/05/04/belmont-group-personal-training-workout-5313-who-wants-to-be-a-tough-mudder%E2%80%8F/
4 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Child’s Pose > Squat Rock Position Breathing/Drawing In Maneuver (2 Min) *For those who can’t into squat rock position perform child’s pose throughout. Initiate breathing with belly (let it fall into thighs) > rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest as you rock back & forth from heels to toes. This is an easy way to teach people diaphragmatic breathing. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 10s each breath (5s inhale (belly falls)–> 5 s hold–> 5 s exhale. As they continue to breathe and rock they should feel their heels going closer to the ground. Emphasize slow, deep, rhythmic breaths during and after workouts. Do daily work on breathing before eating, if stressed, depressed, in the car etc. given it is our number one need. We can change our physiological state in seconds via breathing. If we master breathing, we can enjoy life at its fullest. Inverted or chest breathing sympathetic dominance (flight/fight response) > digestive complaints, neck issues, tmj, grinding of teeth, anxiety, scarcity, belly fat and more.
Phase 2: Foundation Mobility Training (5 Min) Incorporate movements similar or the same as the workouts below Explain the need to be in good posture for optimal breathing efficiency, strength, endurance, balance, etc. and to reduce potential injuries. With each movement incorporate breathing and make the movements flow. If there are tight areas focus on those areas and continue to breathe.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 30s work time, 5s rest for 8 sets
Phase 3: Core (Perform the following movements for 25 reps each in a circuit with a 5s transition for 2 Sets
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
- Supine Horizontal Scissors *Count as a group up to 25 (1, 2,3 > 1, 1, 2, 3 >2, etc.) *Tongue on roof of mouth *Look at abdomen, not ceiling to relax neck *Crunch to increase intensity *Tongue on roof of mouth *Raise or lower legs to alter intensity *Modify for those with tight hip flexors with lower ab curl
- Side Lying Hip Ab & Ad (RT Side): 25 Each *Keep 3 B’s *Keep legs straight and hips stacked
- Supine Crunches: 25 *3B’s *Look at abdomen *Tongue on roof of mouth *Wide fee *Dig heels
- Side Lying Hip Ab & Ad (LT Side): 25 Each *Keep 3 B’s *Keep legs straight and hips stacked
Phase 4: Review exercises of WOD below during Phase 2, 3 & 4 as needed. After review boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own. Assign campers stations for the WOD below.
Perform the following workout for 35 minutes. This is a non-stop workout but participants can go at their own speed. Everyone will start either walking/jogging or sprinting for 30s or performing a strength exercise for 30s. Wherever you start continue in order. San Mateo Gymnastics: Space out the equipment so they job to stations. Studio: Keep a couple lanes open for people to run back & forth.
Set APP for 30s work and 0s rest
1) Walk/Jog/Sprint: 30s
2) Prison Cell Push-Ups: 30s *As you come up from each push up bring knee up *Shoulders back & down *Elbows In *3B’s http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=robo&p=prison+cell+push+ups&sa=Search
3) Walk/Jog/Sprint: 30s
4) SB/MB Bear Hug Squats: 30s *Slight forward lean from hips *Squeeze shoulder blades *3B’s *Go heavy as tolerated
5) Walk/Jog/Sprint: 30s
6) SB/MB Burpees:30s *Shoulders back & down *Elbows In *3B’s *Avoid overhead for those with shoulder issues *Go heavy as tolerated
7) Walk/Jog/Sprint: 30s
8) APT Squat with Row: 30s *Slight forward lean from hips *Squeeze shoulder blades *3B’s *Row as you ascend from squat
9) Walk/Jog/Sprint: 30s
10) MB Slams: 30s *Follow through *Slight forward lean from hips *2B’s *San Mateo Gymnastics: Throw balls into harder ground
11) Walk/Jog/Sprint: 30s
12) Pull-Ups *Shoulders back & down *2B’s *Rows for those with shoulder issues
13) Walk/Jog/Sprint: 30s
14) MB Wall Trunk Rotation (facing wall): 30s Alt sides* Slight forward lean from hips *2B’s *Rotate from core
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: Transformation
Your friend & coach,