4 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Child’s Pose > Squat Rock Position Breathing (2 Min) *For those who can’t get into deep squat position then perform child’s pose entire time
Perform 2 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while in child’s pose (1 min) and then squat rock (1 min). Initiate breathing with belly (let it fall into thighs) > rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Rock back & forth from heels to toes with squat rock. This is an easy way to teach people diaphragmatic breathing. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 10s each breath (5s inhale (belly falls) > 5s hold > 5s exhale. As they continue to breathe and rock they should feel their heels going closer to the ground. Emphasize slow, deep, rhythmic breaths during and after workouts. Do daily work on breathing before eating, if stressed, depressed, in the car etc. given it is our number one need. We can change our physiological state in seconds via breathing. If we master breathing, we can enjoy life at its fullest. Inverted or chest breathing sympathetic dominance (flight/fight response) digestive complaints, neck issues, TMJ, grinding of teeth, anxiety, scarcity, belly fat and more.
The purpose of this is to educate about the inhalation in the right order, which allows us to stabilize the core and prepare for the workout. As they continue to breathe they should feel the body relaxing.
Phase 2: Stationary Foundation Mobility Training or Moving Dynamic Warm-up (5 Min) Incorporate movements similar or the same as the workouts below. Explain the need to be in good posture for optimal breathing efficiency, strength, endurance, balance, etc. and to reduce potential injuries. With each movement incorporate breathing and make the movements flow. If there are tight areas focus on those areas and continue to breathe.
Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 30s work time, 5s rest for 6 sets
Phase 3: Core (Perform the following movements for 30s in a circuit with a 5s transition for 2 Sets
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
- 4 Point Tuck with Opp. Arm & Leg Rotation (RT Elbow & Left Knee) *Start on all 4’s with 3B’s & elbows corkscrewed– extend right arm approx. 45 degrees and left leg back and rotate spine to increase rom –> look at hand in air and bring thumb towards mid-line of body (relax upper traps) –> go back to center and bring right elbow to left knee –> repeat.
- 4 Point Tuck with Opp. Arm & Leg Rotation (LT Elbow & Right Knee) *Start on all 4’s with 3B’s & elbows corkscrewed– extend left arm approx. 45 degrees and right leg back and rotate spine to increase rom –> look at hand in air and bring thumb towards mid-line of body (relax upper traps) –> go back to center and bring left elbow to right knee –> repeat.
- Supine Hip Opener Crunch *Start with 3 B’s, legs extended in air with toes flexed, arms overhead –>Crunch and reach towards toes and open legs at same time –> go back to start –>repeat *Look down at abs *Tongue on roof of mouth
Phase 4: Primal Movements –Review the following movements in the WOD below for 5 reps *Goal is blood flow, not max efforts
*Review WOD below during Phase 3 above and 4 as needed. Assign campers stations for the WOD below. After Phase 4 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
WOD: Perform the following (6 Station) Primary Movements (PM) below for 40s intervals and follow with Active Rest Movement (ARM) for 40s for 3 sets each station, then rotate to next station. All Boot Campers will perform same ARM as a group; however, you can accommodate twice as many campers if half the group does the PM and the other half does ARM. Transition time is 5s between PM & ARM and so they need to move quickly.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 5s rest, 6 sets, 30s transition time after all 3 sets are complete for PM & ARM
PM (40s x 3 Sets):
- Step-Ups with Arm Drive (20s each side) *Barely touch back foot so all weight is on front foot on step *Forward bend from hip in sprinter position *2B’s *Explode into ground
- MB Standing Reverse Wood Chops with Pivot *APT Bands at Studio (20s each side) *Cue knee to shoulder diagonal movement *Move from core *2B’s *Extend arms *Use pivot to increase strength *Make the weight tough *Move APT handles to side to grab band with both hands- use both bands
- DB/Plate One Arm Row *Lock *Find stable position –up to camper *Spread toes *Collar bones up 1” *Squeeze shoulder blades at end rom- relax upper traps *2B’s *Hinge from hip *Elbows in *Studio: Monkey Bar Room
- Cross-Over Lunge (20s each side) *Hands on hips-keep hips stable *Bring trail leg in back and side of other leg like a curtsy *Keep shoulders back & down & 3 B’s *Avoid going too far to side – drop straight down with trail leg *Knee in line with second toe
- Equalizer Push-Ups with Feet on Swiss Ball *Hand should be below shoulder *Collar bones up 1” *3 B’s-maintain plank *Progress movement with one foot on ball *Modify with just a plank
- Pistol Squats (One Leg Squats with Leg Extended) (20s each side) *Hinge from hips *2 B’s *Hold onto something to make easier like TRX to make easier *Studio: TRX
ARM (40s x 4 Sets):
Perform movements below in circuit (one after the other)
- One Foot Lateral Hop (20s each leg) *1 foot jumping right to left *Relax heels *3B’s
- High Knee Run with Arms Straight *Touch knees to hands *Toes up *Relax heels *3B’s
- Forward-Forward-Back-Back *Lead with different foot every 15s *Visualize going forwards into two squares and backwards into 2 squares *Relax heels *3B’s
- Lateral Step in Squat Position *Opp. Hand to Foot *Stay low and keep wide squat position the entire 40s *Quick hand to foot switch *2B’s
- Forward-Back Frog Jumps *2B’s *Hinge from hips *Explode up *Wide feet *2B’s
- Wide Mountain Climbers *Wide feet *Collar bones up 1” *3 B’s *Stay low
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.