4 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Child’s Pose > Squat Rock Position Breathing (2 Min) *For those who can’t into deep squat position perform child’s pose entire time
Perform 2 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while in child’s pose (1 min) and then squat rock (1 min). Initiate breathing with belly (let it fall into thighs) > rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Rock back & forth from heels to toes with squat rock. This is an easy way to teach people diaphragmatic breathing. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 10s each breath (5s inhale (belly falls) > 5s hold > 5s exhale . As they continue to breathe and rock they should feel their heels going closer to the ground. Emphasize slow, deep, rhythmic breaths during and after workouts. Do daily work on breathing before eating, if stressed, depressed, in the car etc. given it is our number one need. We can change our physiological state in seconds via breathing. If we master breathing, we can enjoy life at its fullest. Inverted or chest breathing sympathetic dominance (flight/fight response), digestive complaints, neck issues, TMJ, grinding of teeth, anxiety, scarcity, belly fat and more.
The purpose of this is to educate about the inhalation in the right order, which allows us to stabilize the core and prepare for the workout. As they continue to breathe they should feel the body relaxing.
Phase 2: Stationary Foundation Mobility Training or Moving Dynamic Warm-up (5 Min) Incorporate movements similar or the same as the workouts below Explain the need to be in good posture for optimal breathing efficiency, strength, endurance, balance, etc. and to reduce potential injuries. With each movement incorporate breathing and make the movements flow. If there are tight areas focus on those areas and continue to breathe.
Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 30s work time, 5s rest for 6 sets
Phase 3: Core (Perform the following movements for 30s in a circuit with a 5s transition for 2 Sets
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
- Crab Reach Crab Reach Video (2:17) *Alternate Arms *Start in M position with butt 1 inch off ground –>extend hip and reach–> alt* Lock shoulders back & down *3B’s *Modify with bridge
- Lateral Ape Lateral Ape Video (20s each direction) *Sit in full squat–>with straight arms reach and jump to side* 2B’s * Lock shoulders back & down *For those who lack mobility or motor skill or who just lack speed have them sit in a squat and work on opening hips- attempt to sit on heels and open right hip then left hip
- Supine Bicycle Crunch *Fingers off to side of head *Move from core *3B’s Lock shoulders back & down *Look at abdomen
Phase 4: Primal Movements: Review the WOD below for 5-10 reps *Goal is blood flow, not max efforts
*Review WOD below during Phase 3&4 above and assign campers stations for the WOD below. After Phase 3 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
**Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 20s work time, 10s rest, 14 sets, 30s transition time after all 14 sets are complete
COMBO TABATA: Perform each tabata combo for 20s with 10 s rest, 7 sets each, 14 sets total. Alternate the two exercises. Perform all 14 sets before moving to the next combo. Approx. 30s rest in between exercises.
- A. Sandbag/MB (Heavy- good form but challenging for 20s) Front Loaded Forward Lunge*Keep bag close to body *Lock shoulders back & down *Squeeze shoulder blades *Inhale as you step – exhale back *3B’s & B. Equalizer Rows (a.ka Fat Man Row) *Bring butt down and up to make easier *Lock shoulders back & down *Squeeze shoulder blades at top *3B’s *Studio: Monkey Bar Room
- A. Battle Ropes-Slams*Hinge from hips *2B’s *Give it all you got! & B. TRX Squat Jumps *Hinge from hips *Get low *Feel the entire foot push into ground *2B’s *No jumps for those that shouldn’t
- A. Glider Truck Push *Hands on Gliders *Stay low *Knees barely off ground *3B’s *Collar bones up 1″ & B.Dips *Lock shoulders back & down *3B’s *Elbows in *Collar bones up 1″ *Legs straight to increase intensity *Keep butt close to mat/step *Avoid going to low- key is the squeeze at the top
- A. 5 Yard Lateral Shuffle *Partners facing each other *Have them start on opp. sides *Relax Heels *Stay low & B.Speed Ladder *Relax heels *Leader creates the pattern, change leaders each set
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Body Transformation Challenge: Body Transformation Challenge
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.