Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: Diaphragmatic Breathing Video
Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5s hold–> 5s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: Core – Perform 2 sets each
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
- Turkish Get Up (3 Reps Only) *Everyone has a weight (3-35 pounds) *Keep arm straight- lock shoulder back & down *They can also do without weight as needed or just skip *3B’s*For the motor challenged out there, just hold a weight above head–>stand up and lie down anyway possible
- Plank with Rotation *Hold weight as tolerate (not too heavy) *Look at hand or elbow *Bend elbow to make easier *Wide feet *3B’s *Avoid moving hips *Modify as needed
Phase 4: Obstacle Course/Cardio (3 Min)
*Review WOD below during warm-up above. After Phase 4 boot campers immediately transition to Group WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 10s rest, 4 sets.
WOD: Perform the following 5 exercises in a circuit as a group for 4 rounds (grab a weight for each person). Each exercise should be done for 40s with 10s rest.
- Seated Russian Twist with Weight (40s)*Rotate Torso RT–> LT with Arms Extended as Tolerated *Feet off ground if tolerated *Shoulders back & down *2B’s *Modify with Supine Trunk Rotation
- Kneeling Side Bend with Weight On Head (40s) *Squeeze Shoulder Blades *3B’s *Widen knees for stability
- Supine Chops with Weight (40s) *Chop Right –>Center–> Left *3B’s *Look at abdomen *Tongue on roof of mouth
- One Leg Bridge with Foot on MB/Foam Roll (20s Each Side) *Raise hips up and down *Foot under knee *Toes up *Hips level *2B’s
- Supine Weighted One Leg V Up (40s) *Start supine with arm overhead holding MB, legs and arms straight–> crunch with weight and lift right leg up as high as possible–> attempt to touch weight to foot and bring back to floor–>repeat on other side *Tongue on roof of mouth *3B’s
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6-Week Boot Camp Body Transformation Challenge: Body Transformation Challenge
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
Preview YouTube video Diaphragmatic Breathing Part 1