4 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Cat-Cow Position Breathing (1-2 Min)
Perform 1-2 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while in cat-cow. Initiate breathing with belly (let it fall) > rib cage and then chest while performing cow, instead of initiating with chest. This is an easy way to teach people diaphragmatic breathing. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 10s each breath (3s inhale (belly falls)–> 3 s hold–> 5s exhale.
Do daily work on breathing before eating, if stressed, depressed, in the car etc. given it is our number one need. We can change our physiological state in seconds via breathing. If we master breathing, we can enjoy life at its fullest. Inverted or chest breathing sympathetic dominance (flight/fight response) –> digestive complaints, neck issues, TMJ, grinding of teeth, anxiety, scarcity, belly fat and more.
Phase 2: Stationary Foundation Mobility Training or Moving Dynamic Warm-up (5 Min) Incorporate movements similar or the same as the workouts below Explain the need to be in good posture for optimal breathing efficiency, strength, endurance, balance, etc. and to reduce potential injuries. With each movement incorporate breathing and make the movements flow. If there are tight areas focus on those areas and continue to breathe.
Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 30s work time, 5s rest for 6 sets
Phase 3: Core (Perform the following movements for 30s in a circuit with a 5s transition for 2 Sets (Total Time: 3:30)
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
- Supine Russian Twist *Anchor arms to ground *Rotate knees right to left *Increase intensity by extending knees *3B’s
- Bridge with March *Feet & Knees together *Alt. Knee Up *Keep bridge-shoulder blades off ground *Keep hips level *Educate about #5 in wod
- Plank Crawl *Keep plank and crawl with opp. arm & leg *Knees hips from sinking *3B’s *Collar bones up 1” *Educate about #3 in wod
Phase 4: Primal Movements: Review the WOD below for 5-10 reps *Goal is blood flow, not max efforts
*Review WOD below during Phase 3 above and 4 as needed. Assign campers stations for the WOD below. After Phase 4 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 20s work time, 10s rest, 6-8 sets, 30s transition time after all 6-8 sets are complete
- Step-Ups with Plate/DB/MB/Plate Press *3-4 sets leading with each leg-keep same front foot on step for entire set *Controlled landing- avoid touching heel of other foot that goes up and down- keep weigh on front leg *3B’s *Collar bones up 1” *Modify by removing press or limit range of motion for shoulder issues *Increase or decrease intensity via height, weight or speed
- Foam Pit Crawl or Glider Crawl (feet on Gliders) *Keep hips stable (avoid rotation & sinking) *Collar bones up 1” *3B’s *If elbows hurt from floor use another set of gliders for elbows *Alternate for those who don’t like elbow pain 🙂
- SB/Plate Sumo Deadlift (bent knee) High Pull *Wide Feet *Goal is to extend ankles, knees & hips forcefully. Use momentum from lower body to bring weight off ground with arms *Lead with elbows *Hands finish at chest height *Keep head straight *Hinge from hips *Keep flat back *Collar bones up 1” *2B’s *Studio: Monkey Bar Room
- Prisoner Stationary Side Lunges (4 sets each direction) *Get as low as possible with lead hip*2B’s *Hinge from hips- slight forward lean *Keep eyes straight *Do side lunge touch to modify
- TRX Wide Row Hands outside of shoulders- palms down- avoid activation of neck *Squeeze shoulder blades and hold for 2s *Collar bones up 1” *3B’s
- Commando Push-Up *Elbows in *Bring knee up with each push up and perform 2 push-ups-alt knees > roll (right or left) after push-ups. *3B’s *Collar bones up 1” *See video above.
*Perform Relay Race After Above 6 Stations Are Complete: 4 Cone Liners (4 min total for each partner set) *One partner works while the other rests *Resting partner needs to work on slowing breathing & heart rate- emphasize slow inhale and exhale through pursed lips *Bring the energy
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.