4 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Cat-Cow Position Breathing (1-2 Min)
Perform 1-2 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while in cat-cow. Initiate breathing with belly (let it fall) > rib cage and then chest while performing cow, instead of initiating with chest. This is an easy way to teach people diaphragmatic breathing. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 10s each breath (3s inhale (belly falls)–> 3s hold–> 5s exhale. Do daily work on breathing before eating, if stressed, depressed, in the car etc. given it is our number one need. We can change our physiological state in seconds via breathing. If we master breathing, we can enjoy life at its fullest. Inverted or chest breathing sympathetic dominance (flight/fight response) > digestive complaints, neck issues, TMJ, grinding of teeth, anxiety, scarcity, belly fat and more.
Phase 2: Stationary Foundation Mobility Training or Moving Dynamic Warm-up (5 Min) Incorporate movements similar or the same as the workouts below. Explain the need to be in good posture for optimal breathing efficiency, strength, endurance, balance, etc. and to reduce potential injuries. With each movement incorporate breathing and make the movements flow. If there are tight areas focus on those areas and continue to breathe.
Phase 3: Core (Perform the two movements for 60s back to back with minimal rest. Perform 1 set each (2 Min)
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
- Plank (60s) *Lift collar bones 1” 3B’s
- Push-Up Hold with Foot To Hand Hip Opener (60s) *In push up position > bring right foot outside right hand (big stretch) > back to push-up hold > repeat other side **Lift collar bones 1” 3B’s
Phase 4: Primal Movements: Review the WOD below for 5-10 reps *Goal is blood flow, not max efforts.
*Warm-up for approx. 10 minutes as the campers can continue to warm-up for the first few sets of the workout. Instruct them to gradually increase intensity given skill, fitness and injuries.
*Review WOD below during Phase 3&4 above and immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
Campers team up with a partner or small group and perform the following 9 exercises for 9 reps, then 8 reps, then 7 reps, all the way to 1 rep each. Any order is fine. Campers can rest when needed, but their overall goal is to finish this workout in their best time possible.
- 9 SB Squats (any position) *2B’s *Hinge from hips *Lift collar bones 1” *Get as low as possible
- 9 Burpees (chest hits the ground) *Stay tight *3B’s *Lift collar bones 1” *Educate about modifications
- 9 Full Sit-ups *Dig heels *Look at abdomen *3B’s *Bring elbows to groin with hands to sides of head- no pulling on neck *Tongue on roof of mouth
- 9 Prisoner Forward Lunges (Stationary) – EACH Leg *3B’s *Lift collar bones 1 inch *Move from center of gravity (belly) *Squeeze shoulder blades
- 9 TRX Wide Rows *Palms down- bring hands outside shoulders *Squeeze shoulder blades and hold for 2 s *3B’s *Lift collar bones 1” – relax shoulders
- 9 Box Jumps – (modification – 1 Step-up EACH leg) *Start with arms overhead and end overhead *2B’s *Hinge from hips *Explode into ground *Raise/lower mat/step as tolerated
- 9 Glider Push-Up Pikes – *Perform push-up as tolerate or just hold à perform pike (legs straight) attempting to bring feet to hands *3B’s *Lock shoulders back & down
- 9 KB/DB/Plate Straight Leg Deadlifts *Feet hip width > weight hanging with straight arms > hinge from hips > come up and squeeze shoulder blades and butt *2B’s *Lift collar bones 1” *Modify with Bridges for those with back issues
- 9 MB Slams *Slam MB into ground and follow through- use legs *2B’s *Hinge from hip
*Bonus: for those that finish early tell them to do 10 of everything 🙂
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6-Week Boot Camp Body Transformation Challenge: 6-Week Boot Camp Body Transformation Challenge
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp