Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: Diaphragmatic Breathing Video
Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale > 5s hold > 5s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min)
Phase 3: *Review WOD below and assign groups during Phase 2 above and 3 as needed. After Phase 3 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 20s rest, 6 sets
Complete the following 6 exercises in a circuit and then perform cardio. (20s transition). Do 4 rounds.
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
- Lower Abdominal Knee/Leg Circles with Pull-Up Hang (20s each direction) *Increase intensity by raising legs higher with circles *Knees are easier *Modify with Supine Lower Ab Circles *Increase intensity by lowering legs – go lower with circles *With hands overhead anchor on to something stationary to assist *3 B’s *Relax neck *For those with shoulder/hip issues- no hang
- Ropes: Egg Beaters & Double Waves (20s each) *Athletic position *Hinge from hip *2B’s *Lift collar bones 1”
- TRX T & Biceps Curls (20s each) *Staggered stance with T- use feet to help arms *Modify T with Band Reverse Fly *Squeeze shoulder blades *Relax neck/shoulders *Lift collar bones 1” *Hold at end range of motion for 2s-squeeze *3B’s
- Glider Plank Hip Ab/Ad with Elbows on Bosu or Disc *Stay tight *Elbows in *3B’s
- Swiss Ball Russian Twist *MB or DB in hands *Keep hips up & level *Rotate from core *3B’s *Lift collar bones 1”
- SB/MB Supine Sit Up *Start bag at chest–>Sit up and press bag overhead –>finish with elbows to ears *Lift collar bones 1” *3B’s *Wide feet *Dig heels
*After each round do 1-2 min of cardio with partner medicine ball challenges – goal is not to go out of breath but to have fun! Be careful of loose balls – no ankle injuries. Make sure campers are in athletic position.
Medicine Ball Reaction Ideas:
- Right to Left
- Semi Circle
- Balance on 1 Foot with Toss
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6-Week Boot Camp Body Transformation Challenge: 6-Week Boot Camp Body Transformation Challenge
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp