4 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Supine Double Knee to Chest Breathing
Perform 1-2 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while in supine double knee to chest position. Initiate breathing with belly (feel it press into thighs) >rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. This is an easy way to teach people diaphragmatic breathing. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 10s each breath (5s inhale (belly rises) > 5s hold > 5s exhale). As they continue to breathe and relax they should feel their knees going closer to the chest. Do daily work on breathing before eating, if stressed, depressed, in the car etc. given it is our number one need. We can change our physiological state in seconds via breathing. If we master breathing, we can enjoy life at its fullest. Inverted or chest breathing sympathetic dominance (flight/fight response) > digestive complaints, neck issues, TMJ, grinding of teeth, anxiety, scarcity, belly fat and more.
Phase 2: Stationary Foundation Mobility Training or Moving Dynamic Warm-up (5 Min) Incorporate movements similar or the same as the workouts below Explain the need to be in good posture for optimal breathing efficiency, strength, endurance, balance, etc. and to reduce potential injuries. With each movement incorporate breathing and make the movements flow. If there are tight areas focus on those areas and continue to breathe.
Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 30s work time, 5s rest for 6 sets
Phase 3: Core (Perform the following movements for 30s in a circuit with a 5s transition for 2 Sets (Total Time: 3:30)
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
- Inchworm *Front & back *Hold plank for 2s *Take tiny steps forward *Keep legs and arms straight throughout the movement *Lift collar bones up 1” (engage the lats) *3B’s
- Prone Cobra *Squeeze shoulder blades and hold for 30s
- Supine Straight Leg Crunch Alt. Leg Touch *Straight arms-Reach to Opp. Foot *Full ROM * Look at middle of thighs to reduce strain on neck *Flex feet *3B’s *Modify as needed for those with ab issues
Phase 4: Primal Movements: Review the WOD below for 5-10 reps *Goal is blood flow, not max efforts
*Review WOD below during Phase 3 above and 4 as needed. Assign campers stations for the WOD below. After Phase 4 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 20s work time, 10s rest, 8 sets, 30s transition time after all 8 sets are complete
- SB Bear Hug/MB Staggered Stance Good Mornings (4 sets each foot forward) *Lift collar bones up 1” *Squeeze shoulder blades *Feet shoulder width *Lift back heel *Hinge from hip *Proper lifting mechanics when lifting SB from floor (see video here) *Be careful with this movement with campers with back pain *Modify with Single leg DL or 1 Leg Bridge as needed Studio: Monkey Bar Room
- Spiderman Push-Up with Foot on Glider *Glide knee to elbow while going down into push-up *Lift collar bones up 1” *3B’s *Corkscrew elbows *Modification: Hold Push Up with Glider Spiderman
- 3 Cone Agility Reaction Drill- Space 3 cones about 5 yards apart in a line*One person in the group is the leader and calls out the cone to run to (1,2,3) *Running (not a lateral movement) *Leader does the drill also- Campers take turns being the leader
- TRX/Rings Muscle Up: Row >Triceps Extension *Lift collar bones up 1” *End with squeeze of triceps and hold for 1-2 s *Staggered stance-use legs to help upper body *Modify with row for new clients *See video at top
- One Leg Box/Ball Squat (4 sets each side) *Start with feet together and sit into box/ball*Hinge from hip *Get as low as possible *Keep eyes straight *2B’s
- Rope Climb or Battle Rope Tug of War *Stay low with tug of war *Lift collar bones up 1” Studio: Rope Climb or Rope Flex *Modify with Bridge Position Climb
- Mat/Step Jumps or Squat Jumps *Start with arms up and finish with arms up on jumps *Stick the landing on the jumps *Hinge from hip *2B’s *Step down after jumping up *Modify with squats
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: 6-Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp