3 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Supine Double Knee to Chest Breathing
Perform 1-2 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while in supine double knee to chest position. Initiate breathing with belly (feel it press into thighs) >rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. This is an easy way to teach people diaphragmatic breathing. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 10s each breath (5s inhale (belly rises) > 5s hold > 5s exhale). As they continue to breathe and relax they should feel their knees going closer to the chest. Do daily work on breathing before eating, if stressed, depressed, in the car etc. given it is our number one need. We can change our physiological state in seconds via breathing. If we master breathing, we can enjoy life at its fullest. Inverted or chest breathing sympathetic dominance (flight/fight response) > digestive complaints, neck issues, TMJ, grinding of teeth, anxiety, scarcity, belly fat and more.
Phase 2: Stationary Foundation Mobility Training or Moving Dynamic Warm-up (5 Min)
Incorporate movements similar or the same as the workouts below Explain the need to be in good posture for optimal breathing efficiency, strength, endurance, balance, etc. and to reduce potential injuries. Breathe with each movement.
Phase 3: Go Over WOD below briefly- We will be doing 5 different phases for the main WOD. You will break the group into 2 groups and assign them to start at either phase 1 or 3.
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
- As a Group: Have your campers perform the following 3 exercises for the stated amount of reps below. The twist is, they have a minute to complete the 5, 10, 15 reps. At the top of the minute, they need to start again. Depending on your camper’s fitness level, you may have to allot longer than a minute. Complete 8 minutes total. Tell them to pace themselves!!!
- 5 Squat Thrusts *3B’s- avoid arch in back *Go to plank and get up any way possible *Modify with higher surface or elbows
- 10 Downward Dog Push Up *Hands under shoulders *On tippy toes -move feet as close to hands as possible *Corkscrew elbows in to engage lats *Legs straight *3B’s *Lock shoulders back & down
- 15 Prisoner Sumo Squats *Get low *Wide feet *Hinge from hips *2B’s
1 minute rest (review sprints)
- As a Group: Have your campers perform wind sprints. 30 seconds of work and 30 seconds rest. For a total of 4 sets (wind sprints). *Break up campers into two groups. Groups should cheer and motivate each other. Make sure campers are in control. They tend to get carried away here.
- 30 sec Wind sprints (30 sec rest) X4
1 minute rest (review below)
Phase 3: As a Group: Have your campers perform the following 3 exercises for the stated amount of reps below. The twist is, they have a minute to complete the 5, 10, 15 reps. At the top of the minute, they need to start again. Complete 8 minutes total. Depending on your camper’s fitness level, you may have to allot longer than a minute.
- 5 Pull-Ups or Equalizer/TRX Rows *3B’s *Lock shoulders back & down
- 10 Prisoner Side Lunges (5 on each side- perform one side at a time) *Get low on each side *Shoulders back & down *3B’s
- 15 Squat Jumps *Hinge from hips *Start and end with arms overhead *Arms help the legs *2B’s
- As a Group: Have your campers perform wind sprints.
- 30 seconds of work and 30 seconds rest. For a total of 4 sets (wind sprints).
- Ab Finisher (If you have time): 3 Minutes of the following ab exercises, 1 minute each.
- 1 minute-Plank *3B’s
- 1 minute- Crab Hold *Make an M with arms and legs-fingers pointed away from body *Butt 1 inch off ground *Squeeze shoulder blades to open chest *2B’s *Shoulders back & down *Modify with bridge
- 1 minute- Prisoner Superman Hold *2B’s *Squeeze shoulder blades to open chest *Lift legs and torso as high as possible without pain
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6 Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: 6-Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp