4 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Supine Double Knee to Chest Breathing
Perform 1-2 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while in supine double knee to chest position. Initiate breathing with belly (feel it press into thighs) >rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. This is an easy way to teach people diaphragmatic breathing. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 10s each breath (5s inhale (belly rises) > 5s hold > 5s exhale). As they continue to breathe and relax they should feel their knees going closer to the chest. Do daily work on breathing before eating, if stressed, depressed, in the car etc. given it is our number one need. We can change our physiological state in seconds via breathing. If we master breathing, we can enjoy life at its fullest. Inverted or chest breathing sympathetic dominance (flight/fight response) > digestive complaints, neck issues, TMJ, grinding of teeth, anxiety, scarcity, belly fat and more.
Phase 2: Stationary Foundation Mobility Training or Moving Dynamic Warm-up (5 Min) Incorporate movements similar or the same as the workouts below Explain the need to be in good posture for optimal breathing efficiency, strength, endurance, balance, etc. and to reduce potential injuries. Breathe with each movement.
Phase 3: Core (Perform the following movements for 30s in a circuit with a 5s transition for 2 Sets
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 30s work time, 5s rest, 2 sets
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder
- Fwd & Back Bear: Move forward & back with opp. arm & leg slowly *Knees 1 inch off ground *Hands under shoulders, knees under hips *Push into ground with hands to extend spine- shoulders back & down *Feel lock *3B’s *Corkscrew elbows
- Supine One Leg Bridge (15s each side) *3B’s
- Prone Flutter Kicks *Legs straight *Toes to nose
Phase 4: Review of WOD Below
*Review WOD below during Phase 2 & 3 above. After Phase 4 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 10s rest, 4 sets
Perform the following exercises for 40s in a circuit as a group. Rest 10s between each exercise. Perform 4 rounds. Perform 1-2 minutes cardio after each round. Keep core engaged! Challenge campers with different size balls- avoid the lightest balls 🙂
- MB Kneeling Chest Pass: First 20s > Second 20s: Each partner challenges the other-move the ball around *3B’s- Tuck *Wider knees to increase stability
- MB Standing Side to Side Toss (20s each direction) *Both partners facing the same direction- switch after 20s *Keep arms straight and extended to increase challenge *Pass to partners hip (rt hip to rt hip & lt hip to lt hip) *2B’s *Rotate from core *Relaxed heels *Slight forward lean
- MB/Tennis Ball Standing Semi Circle Drill (20s each doing a semi circle) *Other partner keeps feet moving *Hinge from hips *Slight forward lean with semi circle *2B’s *Relaxed heels
- MB Standing Slam *Slam ball into ground *MB should almost touch spine in between shoulder blades on eccentric phase–> follow through *3B’s *Lighter balls as needed for those with shoulder issues. Also limit overhead movement for those with shoulder issues.
- MB Standing Reaction Drill (alternate challenging each other by moving ball right to left, high & low) *Both partners keeps feet moving *Hinge from hips *2B’s
- MB Push-Up Hold Push *Stay tight *Switch arms on the push *3B’s *Push into ground with hands to extend spine- shoulders back & down *Feel lock *3B’s *Corkscrew elbows
- MB Sit Up Toss *Partners alternate sit up each rep *Avoid sitting all the way up-keep tension *Wide feet *Dig heels *3B’s *Bring MB overhead to make harder as tolerated. Also limit overhead movement for those with shoulder issues.
*1-2 minutes cardio after each round- Coach leads a different cardio move every 30s
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6-Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge: 6-Week Boot Camp Transformation Challenge
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp