3 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: Diaphragmatic Breathing Video
Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5s hold–> 5s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: *Review WOD below during warm-up and assign campers stations for the WOD below. After warm-up boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 15s rest, 4 sets
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
Alternate the following core/cardio movements two at a time for 4 sets each. After 4 sets each move on to the next two movements. Perform each core exercise for 40s. There should be a quick transition (15s) between exercises.
- Prisoner Lower Ab March with Swiss Ball *Lower back supported by ball – crunch up – walk back to make harder *Bring knees up and down *Do your best to maintain stability *3B’s *Shoulders back & down
- Swiss Ball Supine Bridge with Leg Raise (Alt. Legs) *Feet on Ball *Straight legs *3B’s *Keep hips level
- APT Red Bands: Resisted Lateral Shuffle (20s each side) *Athletic position *Be in control
- APT Red Bands: Resisted Forward-Backwards Jog *Athletic position *Resistance is applied at waist under belly *Be in control
- Battle Ropes: Kneeling Figure 8’s *Bring rope horizontally in 8 pattern *Shoulders back & down
- Battle Ropes: Kneeling Double Waves *Shoulders back & down *2B’s
- TRX T ( Hold 2s) *One foot forward one foot back to help with movement as needed *Shoulders back & down *Squeeze shoulder blades *3B’s
- TRX Biceps Curls *Shoulders back & down *3B’s
- NRG Ball Seated Russian Twist *Make sure stick is on tight *NRG Ball and rotate right to left *2B’s *Shoulders back & down *Move from core *Feet off ground *Grab knees to chest if back hurts
- NRG Ball Supine Chop *Make sure stick is on tight *Alt. right to left *3B’s *Tongue on roof of mouth *Look at abdomen
- Glider Standing Hip Ab/Ad *Hold onto Ropeflex *3B’s *Modify with Jumping Jacks
- Glider Nordic Track *3B’s-stay tight *Opp. arm & leg
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6-Week Boot Camp Body Transformation Challenge: 6-Week Body Transformation Challenge
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp
Preview YouTube video Diaphragmatic Breathing Part 1