Phase 1: Foundation Mobility Training (5 Min) *Start education here about the importance of breathing, emphasize slow, deep, rhythmic breaths, in and out of the nose, initiated from diaphragm (belly should rise first, rib cage second, chest third). Push the need to daily work on breathing before eating, if stressed, depressed, in the car etc. given it is our number one need. We can change our physiological state in seconds via breathing. If we master breathing, we can enjoy life at its fullest. Inverted or chest breathing sympathetic dominance (flight/fight response)–> digestive complaints, neck issues, TMJ, grinding of teeth, anxiety, scarcity, belly fat and more. In addition, explain the need to be in good posture for optimal breathing efficiency and to reduce potential injuries. With each movement incorporate breathing and make the movements flow. If there are tight areas focus on those areas and continue to breathe.
Phase 2: Quadruped Breathing
Perform 1-2 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while on all 4’s: Hands under shoulders and knees under hips, corkscrew elbows, shoulders back & down. Initiate breathing with belly > rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale (belly falls) > 5s hold > 5s exhale. The purpose of this is to educate about the inhalation in the right order, which allows us to stabilize the core and prepare for the workout. As they continue to breathe they should feel the body relaxing.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 30s work time, 5s rest, 6 total sets for Phase 2
Phase 3: Core (Perform the following movements for 30s in a circuit with a 5s transition for 2 Sets
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
- Plank with Hip AB/AD (30s) *Alt. hip ab/ad *3B’s *Educate here about core stability *Shoulders back & down-lift collar bones 1 inch
- Quadruped with 1 Arm Rotation (30s RT) *On all 4’s–>Extend RT arm at approx. a 45 degree angle as far as possible, rotating core also–> look at hand attempting to get as much neck rotation as tolerated, all while extending LT leg (hold 3s) –> repeat for 30s *3B’s *Lift collar bones 1 inch
- *Corkscrew elbows
- Quadruped with 1 Arm Rotation (30s LT) *On all 4’s–>Extend LT arm at approx. a 45 degree angle as far as possible and look at hand attempting to get as much rotation as tolerated, while extending RT leg (hold 3s) –> repeat for 30s *3B’s *Lift collar bones 1 inch *Corkscrew elbows
Phase 4: Primal Movements: Review the WOD below for 5-10 reps *Goal is blood flow, not max efforts
*Review WOD below during Phase 3 above and 4 as needed. Assign campers stations for the WOD below. After Phase 4 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 20s work time, 10s rest, 6-8 sets, 30s transition time after all 8 sets are complete
TABATA: Perform each exercise for 20s with 10 s rest for 6-8 sets total, complete 1 exercise for 8 sets and move to the next one. Approx. 30s rest in between exercises
- SB/Plate/KB Front Loaded Squat *Feet shoulder width *Toes out slightly *Lift collar bones 1” *Hinge from hip *2B’s *Get low *Studio: Perform Monkey Bar Room
- Forward-Backwards Slalom to Sprint (switch direction each rep) *Perform 3 cones slalom-sprint to 4th cone 5-10 yards away) *A forward-backwards slalom is a lateral movement *The boot camper faces the cones and weaves through the cones using lateral movements, small adjustment steps, moving forwards slightly to 3rd cone *Stay low and be quick
- Mat/Step Squat with Side Step *Stay in squat position > move to right and left keeping on one on the step or mat *2 B’s *Move laterally from center of gravity *Hinge from hip *Keep eyes straight ahead to keep flat back
- Battle Rope Double Wave with Squats *2B’s *Hinge from hips *Continue performing double wave while squatting
- TRX/APT Chest Press *Elbows in *Lift collar bones 1 inch *3B’s
- MB Underhand Explosive Toss *Start MB at chest with extended arm > Hinge from hip > Underhand toss > repeat *Triple extension of ankle, knees and hips *Explode feet into ground *Preferably throw ball into wall *Can also do with a partner if no wall Squeeze *2B’s *Lift collar bones 1” *Be careful catching ball for those with back pain- move close to wall
- Band/APT Rows with Back Lunges *With each back lunge perform a row *Squeeze shoulders at end ROM*Lift collar bones 1” *3B’s- keep tuck *Move from center of gravity *Studio: Use Blue APT Straps
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6-Week Boot Camp Body Transformation Challenge: 6-Week Body Transformation Challenge
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp