4 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Foundation Mobility Training (5 Min) *Start education here about the importance of breathing, emphasize slow, deep, rhythmic breaths, in and out of the nose, initiated from diaphragm (belly should rise first, rib cage second, chest third). Push the need to daily work on breathing before eating, if stressed, depressed, in the car etc. given it is our number one need. We can change our physiological state in seconds via breathing. If we master breathing, we can enjoy life at its fullest. Inverted or chest breathing sympathetic dominance (flight/fight response)–> digestive complaints, neck issues, TMJ, grinding of teeth, anxiety, scarcity, belly fat and more. In addition, explain the need to be in good posture for optimal breathing efficiency and to reduce potential injuries. With each movement incorporate breathing and make the movements flow. If there are tight areas focus on those areas and continue to breathe.
Phase 2: Child’s Pose > Squat Rock Position Breathing (2 Min) *For those who can’t into deep squat position perform child’s pose entire time
Perform 2 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while in child’s pose (1 min) and then squat rock (1 min). Initiate breathing with belly (let it fall into thighs) > rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Rock back & forth from heels to toes with squat rock. This is an easy way to teach people diaphragmatic breathing. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 10s each breath (5s inhale (belly falls) > 5s hold > 5s exhale . As they continue to breathe and rock they should feel their heels going closer to the ground. Emphasize slow, deep, rhythmic breaths during and after workouts. Do daily work on breathing before eating, if stressed, depressed, in the car etc. given it is our number one need. We can change our physiological state in seconds via breathing. If we master breathing, we can enjoy life at its fullest. Inverted or chest breathing sympathetic dominance (flight/fight response)à digestive complaints, neck issues, TMJ, grinding of teeth, anxiety, scarcity, belly fat and more.
Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 30s work time, 5s rest for 6 sets
Phase 2: Core (Perform the following movements for 30s in a circuit with a 5s transition for 2 Sets (Total Time: 3:30)
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
- Bear Position with Hip Extension (Hold for 3s) *Alternate hip extension *On all 4’s with knees in line with hands and 1 inch off ground *Push hands into ground to extend upper back *Shoulders back & down-Lock *Educate here about core stability *3 B’s *Modify with knees on ground
- Seated Russian Twist with Leg Cycle* Lift legs off ground as tolerated *Rotate upper body to outside hip of lead leg -move from core *Stay tight *Shoulders back & down-Lock Seated Russian Twist with Leg Cycle Video *2B’s
- Supine Bridge with Straight Leg Raise (Alt. Legs) *Keep hips level *Extend leg straight up to get hamstring stretch *Toes to nose *Use hands as needed to keep bridge
Phase 4: Primal Movements: Review the WOD below for 5-10 reps *Goal is blood flow, not max efforts
*Review WOD below during Phase 3 and 4 as needed. Assign campers stations for the WOD below. After Phase 4 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 20s work time, 10s rest, 6-8 sets, 30s transition time after all 8 sets are complete
TABATA: Perform each exercise for 20s with 10 s rest for 6-8 sets total, complete 1 exercise for 8 sets and move to the next one. Approx. 30s rest in between exercises
- Split Squat Plate/DB/KB One Arm Press (3-4 sets each side) *Press with arm on the same leg that is back *Shoulders down & back *Elbows in *3 B’s-Keep tuck *Inhale down- exhale up *Studio: Monkey Bar Room
- Square Drill-Fwd, Shuffle, Back, Shuffle *Short distance for cones *Stay low on lateral movements *Lead with hip with backpedal *2 people per cone set
- Glider Truck Push* Hands on Gliders *Drive feet into ground *2 B’s *Lock shoulders back & down *You only need a short distance
- TRX 1 Arm Row (3-4 set each side) *Goal is to resist rotation – keep pelvis and shoulders stable *Shoulders down & back *Elbows in *Squeeze shoulder blades for 2s *Keep Hips Up
- SB/MB/KB Rotational Back Lunge (3-4 sets each side or alt. sides for the advanced) *Speed increases difficulty to stabilize *Eyes straight ahead *Shoulders back & down *Hinge from hip – keep flat back *2B’s *Explode feet into ground *Bring weight to outside hip of lead leg *Inhale as you step back – exhale as you step forward Rotational Back Lunge Video
- Equalizer Push-Up & Triceps Extension (3-4 sets of each) *Videos: Equalizer Push-Up Video & Triceps Extension Video *Bring knees forward to decrease intensity *Shoulders down & back *Elbows in *3B’s *Studio: Make sure plastic feet are on equalizers so they don’t puncture the carpet
Finish with sprint liners as a group (4-8x for 20s) *Alt two groups of 20s each.
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Are you up for a challenge? Sign up for the 6-Week Boot Camp Body Transformation Challenge: 6-Week Body Transformation Challenge
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp
Preview YouTube video Cycling Russian Twist
Preview YouTube video Rotational Sandbag Training Lunge with Ultimate Sandbag Training
Preview YouTube video How to do Push ups using the Lebert Equalizer with Marc Lebert
Preview YouTube video Lebert Fitness Equalizer Tricep Extensions