4 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Wide Child’s Pose Position Breathing/Drawing In Maneuver (2 min) Perform 1-2 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing and abdominal recruitment while in child’s pose with wide knees & extended arms: Initiate breathing with belly (let it fall into thighs)–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. This is an easy way to teach people diaphragmatic breathing. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 10s each breath (5s inhale (belly falls)–> 5s hold–> 5s exhale and draw belly in towards spine, feeling oblique’s engaging- avoid rounding back). This is not normal breathing given you don’t draw the belly in. The purpose of this is to educate about the inhalation and set the abdominal wall for ab exercises and other movements we do in the workout and prior to all lifts in the real world. This will help to stabilize the spine. As they continue to breathe and relax they should feel their chest going closer to the ground.
Phase 2: Foundation Mobility Training (5 Min) Incorporate movements similar or the same as the workouts below Explain the need to be in good posture for optimal breathing efficiency, strength, endurance, balance, etc. and to reduce potential injuries. With each movement incorporate breathing and make the movements flow. If there are tight areas focus on those areas and continue to breathe.
Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 45s work time, 10s rest for 4 sets
Phase 3: Core – Alternate the following movements for 45s in a circuit with a 10s transition for 2 Sets
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
- Shoulder Tap Plank Hold *Plank position with wide feet as needed >> Right Hand Taps Left Shoulder >> Left Hand Taps Right Shoulder >> Repeat *3B’s *Shoulders back & down *Legs engaged- avoid bent knees
- Supine Backwards Roll *Emphasize movement from core *Arms straight and to sides of body *Start sitting on sit bones with lengthened spine >> Roll backwards to shoulders (avoid neck) >> Roll back to sitting fast with feet on ground as fast as possible>> Repeat *3B’s *Feet together and under knees *Educate about deck squat below *Back slow, up fast *Keep arms straight
Phase 4: *Review WOD below during Phase 3 & 4 as needed. Assign campers stations for the WOD below. After Phase 4 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
Complete the following 7 exercises in a circuit for 4 rounds (perform one movement after the other). We will do a descending pyramid with each round. 15s transition time between each movement- move to each station quickly. 30-60s transition after each round is complete.
Round #1: 50s each exercise
Round #2: 40s each exercise
Round #3: 30s each exercise
Round #4: 20s each exercise
- SB Front Loaded Step-Ups (switch sides at half way) *Keep majority of weight on the foot that is on the step and barely touch foot to ground on other leg – heel doesn’t touch *Elbows up *Raise height of step to make harder as tolerated *2B’s *Slight forward lean
- Deck Squat- Burpee (chest hits the ground) *Modification – cross legs and get up *Start and end with arms overhead *Perform deck squat and then burpee *2B’s *Stay tight *3B’s *Shoulders back & down *Avoid rolling on neck *Educate about modifications *The goal is to make it look effortless
- DB Renegade Row (switch sides at half way or alt. sides if you have two db’s) *Push-up position > do a 1 arm row ) *Wide feet *Squeeze shoulder blades and hold for 1-2 s *3B’s *Shoulders back & down *Studio: Perform in Monkey Bar Room
- Reverse Lunge with MB/SB Straight Arm Raise (switch sides at half way) *Keep arms straight and get a good stretch up & back at the bottom of each lunge 3B’s-tuck *Shoulders back & down *Move from center of gravity (belly) *Keep hands up *Inhale –step Exhale- back
- Hindu Push-Up *Start in downward dog on tippy toes >dive bomb into cobra > go straight back into down dog *3B’s *Lock shoulders back & down *Corkscrew elbows *Modify with mini Hindu, plank or push-up hold as needed *Avoid push-ups on knees
- Prisoner Sumo Jump Squats *2B’s *Hinge from hips *Shoulders back & down-squeeze shoulder blades *Hands behind head *Wide feet *Toes out *Get low *Modify with Prisoner Squat
- MB/APT Blue Bands Reverse Wood Chops Kneel-Stand with Pivot (switch sides at half way) *Start kneeling, hinge from hip and pick up weight, stand, weight shift, pivot, bring weight to shoulder height > > repeat *Move from core *Arms straight to make harder *Shoulders back & down- relax shoulders *2B’s
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp