Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: Diaphragmatic Breathing video
Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5s hold–> 5s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: Review GROUP WOD during phase 2 and 3 as needed. After review boot campers immediately transition to WOD as a large group. They can get water at any time on their own.
WOD: We will be doing 2 min of cardio followed by 4 core exercises and then again another 2 min of cardio & 4 more core exercises for 3 rounds.
Perform the following core/cardio workout in a GROUP (no need to assign groups). All core exercises are 50s each. There should be a quick transition as a group (10s) between exercises. Make sure core is engaged and posture is good.
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
Walk/Jog/Obstacles: 2 Min
- Lower Ab Horizontal Scissors *Keep 3 B’s (focus on imprint of spine) *Crunch up or lower legs to make harder- put hands on belly for feedback *Count (1-2-3..1…1-2-3…2, etc as a group) *Modify with supine lower ab curl if back gets tight *More energy results from counting as a group
- Crab Reach Crab Reach video @ 2:17 – *Alternate Arms *Start in M position with butt 1 inch off ground –>extend hip and reach–> alt* Lock shoulders back & down *3B’s *Modify with bridge *Modify with bridge- one or two legs
- Supine Russian Twist *Palms down with arms to sides of body – Hands anchor body as legs rotate right to left *Straighten legs to increase intensity –bend to make easier *Rotate from core *3B’s *Use MB between knees increase intensity
- Push-up Hold with Knee Flexion (25s Hold Each Side) *Flex knee and hip to 90 degrees *3 B’s *Corkscrew elbows *Shoulders back & down *Push into ground to extend upper back *Modify with plank
Walk/Jog/Obstacles: 2 Min
- Toe Touch with Straight Arms & Legs *Attempt to touch toes *Full ROM – come down each time with head *3B’s *Look at abdomen *Tongue on roof *Chin tucked *Flex toes *Use MB to increase intensity
- Prone Hip Extension with Hip AB/AD *Lift lower body as high as possible with feet in hip opener position- heels together, knees open to sides >> bring thighs together and touch >> open *Keep hip ext for 50s
- Side Plank on Hand (25s Hold Each Side) *3B’s *Modify as needed with elbow or cross top leg over *Shoulders back & down and squeeze shoulder blades *Modify with elbow and/ bend knees
- Supine Jack-Knife (25s Each Side) *Lift upper body up and down into crunch for 25s while extending one leg out and bringing other knee up to 90 degrees- switch sides after 25s *Crunch up or lower legs to make harder *Tongue on roof *3B’s *Look at abdomen *Tongue on roof *Chin tucked *Flex toes
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp
Preview YouTube video Diaphragmatic Breathing Part 1