Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: Diaphragmatic Breathing video
Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5s hold–> 5s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: *Review WOD below during warm-up above. Assign groups of four here also- . After review immediately transition to WOD stations. They can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 20s rest, 8 sets (4 each)
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
Alternate the following exercises two at a time for 40s each with 20s rest in between for 4 rounds.
- Band Stationary Standing Hip Ab *Keep legs straight *3 B’s *Lift collar bones up 1″ *Hand band to those in other group
- Plate/MB/SB Kneeling Back to Back Partner Rotations (20s each side) *Make it tough for 20s **Lift collar bones up 1 inch *Move from core *Extend arms to make harder and use a heavy object as tolerated *3B’s *Taller person’s feet are on the outside
- Side Lying Groin Hold (20s each side) *Place top leg on an elevated surface (step or mat). Bring bottom leg on top of top leg or to make harder flex the hip at 90 degrees *To modify rest bottom leg on ground *Bring top hand on hip and squeeze shoulders (avoid hand on ground- creates rounded shoulders) *Lift collar bones up 1″- squeeze shoulder blades *Head back *3B’s
- Bosu/Disc Crunches *3B’s *Go back farther to increase intensity *Back should be supported by ball *Tongue on roof of mouth *Look at abdomen
- Swiss Ball Cobra with Internal/External Rotation (Hold 40s) *Look up to work on curvature in neck *Lift collar bones up 1″- squeeze shoulder blades *2B’s *Move forward on ball to make harder *Arms by sides- Internally & externally rotate arms as far as possible in both directions
- Lower Ab Curl with Pull-Up Hang or Reverse Crunch with MB Btw Knees and Heels (engage hamstrings)-challenge with heavier balls *Maintain 3B’s *Curl from core
- Band Standing Reverse Flys on 1 Foot (20s on each foot) *Pull band apart with straight arms *3B’s *Relax upper traps *Shoulders Back & Down- squeeze shoulder blades
- Supine 1 Leg Bridges with Foot on MB or Foam Roll (20s each side) *Feet under knees & knees together *Bridge up with 1 leg > squeeze butt & lift shoulder blades off ground *Hold squeeze for 1-2s at top
Easy cardio if time permits
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp
Preview YouTube video Diaphragmatic Breathing Part 1