4 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Prone Position Breathing (60-120s)
Perform 1-2 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing. a href=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-_NNCrrdus” target=_blank>Diaphragmatic Breathing video
Initiate breathing with belly (feel it push into ground) > rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. This is an easy way to teach people diaphragmatic breathing. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale (belly falls) > 5s hold > 5s exhale. The purpose of this is to educate about the inhalation in the right order, which allows us to stabilize the core and prepare for the workout. As they continue to breathe they should feel the body relaxing.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 30s work time, 5s rest for 6 sets
Phase 3: Core (Perform the following movements for 30s in a circuit with a 5s transition for 2 Sets (Total Time: 3:30)
- Plank with Hip Ext. (elbows) *Extend one leg at a time *Lift collar bones 1 inch *3B’s
- Bear Crawl *Hands under shoulders, *Lift collar bones 1 inch, hips up in the air on tippy toes with legs straight *Alt. arm & leg *2B’s *Modify with baby crawl
- Alternating Lateral Ape Alternating Lateral Ape (alt. right to left) *Sit in full squat > with straight arms reach and jump to side* 2B’s * Lock shoulders back & down *For those who lack mobility or motor skill or who just lack speed have them sit in a squat and work on opening hips- attempt to sit on heels and open right hip then the left hip
Phase 4: Primal Movements: Review the WOD below for 5-10 reps *Goal is blood flow, not max efforts
*Review WOD below during Phase 3 & 4 as needed. Assign campers stations for the WOD below. After Phase 4 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 20s work time, 10s rest, 6-8 sets, 30s transition time after all 6-8 sets are complete
TABATA: Perform each exercise for 20s with 10 s rest for 6-8 sets total, complete 1 exercise for 6-8 sets and move to the next one. Approx. 30s rest in between exercises.
- Prone/Supine Get-Up Starts *Start on stomach and run 5 Yards *Jog back & repeat *Alt prone & supine position each rep *Goal is to stay low while you run forwards instead of getting up and then running. *Cue them to be careful of not falling- it tends to happen
- One Leg Box/Mat Squats (4 Sets with Each Leg) *Hinge from hips *Perform as many reps as possible as low as possible *Watch for forward bend from torso
- Long Jump Burpee *Add a Burpee at the end for those that can *Start with arms overhead–>hinge from hips and with straight arms bring arms down to hips > explode into ground with ankles, knees and hips >jump > burpee > repeat *2B’s *Watch for forward bend from torso *Just squat for those that need to modify
- TRX Rows & TRX Chest Press (4 Sets Each-alternate) *Lift collar bones 1” *Elbows in
- MB Shoulder Side Lunge (4 Sets Each Side) *MB on shoulder of side lunging side *Get low with hips *Lift collar bones 1” *Hinging from hips *2B’s
- Glider Cross Over Mountain. Climbers *Lift collar bones 1” *Alt. sides *Bring knee to opp. elbow *Elbows in-Corkscrew elbows *3B’s *Modify on elbows with Hip Ab/Ad
Finish with Bring Sally Up Squat Challenge: Squat Challenge video (3:40)
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp
Preview YouTube video Side Traveling Ape Walk Exercise