Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: Diaphragmatic Breathing video
Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5s hold–> 5s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: *Coaches review WOD below during warm-up above. After review immediately transition to GROUP WOD. Campers can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s work time, 10s rest, 4 sets
We will be doing 10 sets per round-2 cardio stations & 8 core movements for 40s each. Perform 4 rounds. Perform the following workout as a big group.
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
Cardio- 60s *Stay aerobic
- Lower AB Vertical Scissors *Raise or lower the legs to increase or decrease intensity *3B’s *Count out loud as a group and bring the energy, i.e. 1-2-3 >, 1-2-3 >2, etc. *Crunch up to also make harder *Keep chin tucked *Tongue on roof of mouth *If back or hips get tight grab knees to chest
- Bridge with Leg Crossover (20s each side)*Keep hips up & level-place hands on hips for feedback *Toes lifted on both feet *Ankle crossed on opposite knee- get a good stretch *Get a good stretch in hip *3B’s
- Plank Up-Downs (20s leading with each hand) *Start on elbows – right hand – right elbow – repeat for 20s and switch to other side *3B’s *Go to knees as needed *Widen feet to make easier
- Prone Modified Superman with Hip AB *Start with arms overhead with relaxed shoulders > bring elbows to back pockets while lifting and abducting thighs off ground. Lift chest off ground at same time. Legs straight *Hold for 3s and repeat *Toes to nose *Lock shoulders back & down- squeeze shoulder *Entire backside is working, front side is stretching
Cardio- 60s *Stay aerobic
*Campers need partners
- MB Partner Kneeling Chest Pass *For 20s throw at chest –next 20s mix the ball up *3B’s
- MB Partner Kneeling Side Rotations – 20s each side *Partners face same direction for 20s and switch (side to side) *Move from core *3B’s
- MB Partner Sit-Up Toss *Throw from chest or overhead – be careful of shoulder *3B’s *Longer legs on outside *Dig heels into ground
- MB Partner Indian Fighting – 20s each side *Line up right ear to ear with right hand on the ball for both partner – the goal is to get the ball away from partner and score a goal through partners legs- switch sides after 20s *Legs should be wide *Plank position *Make sure each person has their hand under their shoulder – they will end up extending their arm if not cued properly **3B’s
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp