4 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Breathing Squats
Perform 1-2 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing and abdominal recruitment while performing breathing squats: Start by standing with feet shoulder width and everted (turned outwards). Initiate breathing with belly (let it fall) > rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest > hinge from hips and lower hips to ground while exhaling* > inhale as you stand upright repeat *This is opposite of our normal breathing for loaded squats – this is like a ZEN squat *Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 10s each breath (3s inhale (belly falls) > 3s hold > 5s exhale and draw belly in towards spine) * As they continue to breathe, squat and relax, they should feel their hips lowering, heels going closer to the ground and hips opening.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 30s work time, 5s rest, 6 total sets for Phases 2
Phase 3: Core (Alternate the following movements for 45s in a circuit with a 10s transition for 2 Sets
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
- Prone Plank with Alternating Knee to Elbow *Keep 3 B’s (Engage belly, butt & bladder) *Squeeze butt with each rep and hold for 2s *Look down *Collar bones up 1” *Educate here about core stability
- Prone Modified Superman *Start with arms overhead with relaxed shoulders > bring elbows to back pockets while lifting thighs and chest off ground *Hold for 3s and repeat *Toes to nose *Lock shoulders back & down- squeeze shoulder *Entire backside is working, front side is stretching
- Supine Hip Opener Crunch *Start in supine position with arms overhead, 3B’s, hips flexed at 90 with legs extended, crunch up and reach through legs as the legs open *Legs come together while going back to start position Supine Hip Opener Crunch video (start of video has the hip opener) *Tongue on roof of mouth *Toes to nose
Phase 5: Primal Movements – Review the following movements in the WOD below for 5 reps *Goal is blood flow, not max efforts
*Review WOD below during Phase 3 & 4 as needed. Assign campers stations for the WOD below. After Phase 4 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
WOD: There are 6 Stations with two exercises per station below. The first exercise is a Primary Strength Movement (PSM) and the second is an Active Rest Movement (ARM). Alternate the two movements at each station for 30s intervals for 4 sets each (5s transition), then rotate to next station.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 30s work time, 5s rest, 8 sets, 30s transition time after all 4 sets are complete for PSM & ARM
- SB Bent Over Rows/Squat Thrust *Perform Bent Over Row > Follow with Squat Thrust (push-up hold position – very important not to drop hips) > Repeat *Lift collar bones 1” *Squeeze shoulder blades and hold for 2s at end of row *Elbows in *Hinge from hip *Flat back *Please educate campers to lift chest and stick out butt prior to performing row *Slower is better to reduce likelihood of injuries *Studio: Perform with SB in Monkey Bar Room
- Run in place with wide feet *Leader in each group says “right” or “left” – boot campers balances on that foot for 1 sec and then go back to run *Relax heels *3 B’s
- Lateral Band Walk Squat (15s each direction) *Start with feet together with band around ankles *Step to left with left foot, hinge from hips to squat and bring arms up, as you come up from squat bring right foot to left, and repeat for 15 and switch to other side *2B’s *Go as deep as possible
- Forward-Back Jumps *Visualize jumping front to back over a line *Stay Tight *Toes up- relax heels *3 B’s
- Glider In & Out Push-Ups *Hands are on gliders *During the descent of push-up hands go out (no more than shoulder width) and as you go up hands go in *3B’s *Modify on knees or just a push up hold or plank *Lift collar bones 1” *Elbows in
- Nordic Track with Gliders *Opp. arm & Leg *3B’s
- Battle Ropes: Big backwards Circles with Squats *Perform circle at the same time as descent of squat *Video: Battle Ropes demo video *Lift collar bones 1” *Hinge from hips *2B’s
- Run in place with eyes closed *Leader of group says “green” (fast feet) or “red” (slow) *Toes up *3 B’s
- TRX Squat Press (AKA TRX Supermans) *Start in standing position holding TRX in front of chest like a chest press, squat down and come out of squat pressing TRX up overhead like flying *Finish with arms extended and on toes *Hold for 2 s at the top *3B’s *Lift collar bones 1” *Hinge from hips into squat TRX Superman video
- Wide Mtn. Climbers *Push-up position with wide feet *Lift collar bones 1” *3 B’s *Knees barely off ground
- Prisoner Walking Lunges *Stay tight *3B’s *Lift collar bones 1” *Squeeze shoulder blades *Bigger the step easier it is on the knees
- Run in place with 180 degree rotation *Leader says “switch” and campers turn 180 degrees ASAP *Relax heels *3 B’s
Try out our Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout totally FREE with unlimited sessions for 7 days!: 1 Week Boot Camp Trial Info
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
*We now have express 35 minute sessions held every Monday and Wednesday at our main headquarters location, 603 Harbor Blvd., Belmont, CA 94002
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp