4 Phase Warm-Up:
Phase 1: Breathing Squats
Perform 1-2 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing and abdominal recruitment while performing breathing squats: Start by standing with feet shoulder width and everted. Initiate breathing with belly (let it fall) > rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest > hinge from hips and lower hips to ground while exhaling* > inhale as you stand upright repeat *This is opp. of our normal breathing for loaded squats- this is like a ZEN squat *Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 10s each breath (3s inhale (belly falls) > 3s hold > 5s exhale and draw belly in towards spine) * As they continue to breathe, squat and relax, they should feel their hips lowering, heels going closer to the ground and hips opening.
Phase 2: Foundation Mobility Training (5 Min) Incorporate movements similar or the same as the workouts below Explain the need to be in good posture for optimal breathing efficiency, strength, endurance, balance, etc. and to reduce potential injuries. With each movement incorporate breathing and make the movements flow. If there are tight areas focus on those areas and continue to breathe.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 30s work time, 5s rest, 6 total sets for Phase 2
Phase 3: Core: Perform the following movements for 30s in a circuit with a 5s transition for 2 Sets (Total Time: 3:30)
- Supine Prisoner Reverse Crunch *Wide knees *3 B’s *Touch heels to ground and curl pelvis at end range of motion – use the obliques instead of hip flexors *Hands under tailbone to make easier *Relax neck *Educate about core stability here
- Bench Crunch *Collar bones up 1” *3 B’s *Lower and extend legs to make harder *Grab knees to chest and sit tall with feet off ground to make easier on spine
- Prone Prisoner Cobra *Hold 30s *Shoulders back & down – squeeze shoulder blades *Feet & legs stay on ground *2B’s
Phase 4: Primal Movements: Review the WOD below for 5-10 reps *Goal is blood flow, not max efforts
*Review WOD below during Phase 2 & 3 above and assign campers stations for the WOD below. After Phase 3 boot campers immediately transition to WOD. They can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 20s work time, 10s rest, 14-16 sets, 30s transition time after all 14-16 sets are complete
TABATA: Perform each Tabata Combo for 12 sets before moving on (3 minutes each exercise-6 minutes each station).
For example in #1: 20 seconds of 5 yard lateral shuffle, 10 sec rest, 20 sec Rows, 10 sec rest, 20 sec 5 yard lateral shuffle, 10 sec rest, 20 sec Rows, and so on until you reach 3-4 minutes of each exercise (6 sets of each.) ALLOW approximately 1 min rest after each numbered Tabata (depending on group).
- Tabata #1: 5 Yard Lateral Cone Drill *Stay low *Relax heels *Collar bones up 1” & Equalizer Rows (Fat Man Rows) *Bring butt down and up to make easier- drive legs into ground *Collar bones up 1” *Finish with squeeze of shoulder blades *3B’s *Perform Rows in Monkey Bar Room at Studio
- Tabata #2 Sandbag Bear Hug Squats *Squeeze shoulder blades *2B’s *Get low *Hold 2s at bottom *Hinge from hips & MB Slams with Pivot *Use whole body and slam into ground to right & left -pivot feet to increase power *Get low *3B’s
- Tabata #3: Prisoner Split Squat Jumps (3 sets each) *Modify without jump *Bigger the step, easier on knees *Squeeze shoulder blades *3B’s- Tuck & Push-Up with Glider V-Outs *Glide legs out with descent of push up, glide legs in on ascent *Elbows in *Collar bones up 1” *3B’s *Gliders make push-ups easier
- TABATA #4 (Group Bonus) Finish with Sprint Drill in Tabata Format & Sprinter Walking Lunges (3 sets each) *Split groups up so half the group is working and half is resting (20s/20s).
Try out our Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout totally FREE with unlimited sessions for 7 days!: 1 Week Boot Camp Trial Info
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
*We now have express 35 minute sessions held every Monday and Wednesday at our main headquarters location, 603 Harbor Blvd., Belmont, CA 94002
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp