Phase 1: Warm-Up: Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing while lying supine: Diaphragmatic Breathing video
Lie on back and initiate breathing with belly–>rib cage and then chest, instead of initiating with chest. Breathe in and out of nose for approximately 15s each breath (5s inhale–> 5s hold–> 5s exhale). Emphasize that campers do this upon rising and going to sleep and if they want an amazing shift in their state at any time, while breathing think about 3 things they are grateful for.
Phase 2: Floor Stretches (5 min) *Work on forearm/wrist mobility
Phase 3: None
*Review WOD below during warm-up above quickly. After review immediately transition to WOD. This will be a group workout. They can get water at any time on their own.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 50s work time, 10s rest, 4 sets
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
Perform the following exercises as a big group for 50s each with 10s rest in between in a circuit for 3-4 rounds.
- Beast with Opp. Arm & Leg ( 4x10s Hold) *Quadruped- Knees Off Ground *Knees hip width, hands under shoulders *Collar bones up 1” *Relax shoulders *Attempt to push campers from side and emphasize stability and strength *Modify with arms or legs only or just Beast
- Prone Butt Pincher Hold with AB/AD *On stomach with knees open as wide as possible and heels pressing into each other *Lift thighs up hold, squeeze butt and bring knees in & out – squeeze knees at end
- Bicycle Crunch *Hands outside of eyebrows *Bring elbow towards opp. knee *Lower legs to make harder *3B’s *Relax shoulders *Tongue on roof of mouth *Look at abdomen
- Bridge with Opp. Arm & Leg (4x10s Hold) *Feet under knees *Toes up *Lift shoulder blades fist height off ground *3B’s *Keep knees together
- Straight Leg Opp. Hand to Toe Touch *Start with arms overhead > Reach right hand towards left toe and back to start > alt. sides *Toes to nose *Look at abdomen – relax neck *3B’s *Tongue on roof of mouth
- Supine Trunk Rotation Hold with Leg Extension *3B’s *Rotate legs to right with bent knees, extend knees and hold for 5 s > switch *Keep shoulders on ground
- Lateral Ape (Alt. RT to LT) *Sit into deep squat position > reach with straight arms to right-laterally jump right > then go the other direction *Shoulders back & down *Sit back into heels after each rep
- Crab Reach Crab Reach video (2:17) *Alternate Arms *Start in M position with butt 1 inch off ground –>extend hip and reach > alt* Lock shoulders back & down *3B’s *Modify with bridge *Modify with bridge- one or two legs
- Obstacle Course/Cardio (2 min)
Try out our Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout totally FREE with unlimited sessions for 7 days!: 1 Week Boot Camp Trial Info
Your friend & coach,
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
*We now have express 35 minute sessions held every Monday and Wednesday at our main headquarters location, 603 Harbor Blvd., Belmont, CA 94002
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp