The excitement is in the air. I felt it at 6 & 7 am with my boot camp community and I feel it now as I sit here at my Belmont office at Starbucks 🙂
For me, this is the best time of the year and it starts with Halloween, my birthday last week and now Thanksgiving. Only 4 weeks till Christmas and then repeat!
Seems like my family and I just celebrated Christmas only a few months ago and here we are again. For some, this season may represent sadness, anxiety and fear. Many people experience this year round and most minutes of the day.
I wrote an article a couple weeks ago on how to change these suffering emotional states quickly: How to change your emotional state in seconds
At the end of the article I wrote, ” If you want the fast way to change your emotional state all you have to do is think of 3 things you are grateful for.” “Being grateful” is a powerful strategy that you have access to anytime you need it and it’s FREE! And tis the season with Thanksgiving!
Last Friday I went to an outstanding gratitude retreat at Mercy Center in Burlingame.
The Spiritual Director of the retreat talked about Surprise, and I have now incorporated it into my daily life. The concept of Surprise has made it easier for me to become grateful in the business that life offers.
I find it tough to be grateful when I am busy being anxious thinking about work or being frustrated or angry with my kids 🙂
Can you relate?
Here are my takeaways from the retreat that may help you as they have helped me:
- Surprise is at the heart of gratefulness.
- Being surprised in everything give us the opportunity to be grateful at every moment.
- All is a gift if you see it to be so.
- We need to look for the blessings even in the most difficult times- there is a surprise gift in every challenge.
- There is an extravagant world out there, and we are part of it. Do you see it? Are you aware of it?
- When you first get up start your day with gratitude by saying… Thank You! I am alive another day. I can see, whatever works for you.
- When in a suffering state (anxious, fear, sadness, pain, etc.) STOP > LOOK > GO!
STOP the suffering as soon as you become aware of your state. Say thank you/be grateful for the awareness.
LOOK and ask for help from God or another and ask… where is the surprise in this moment?
GOand serve the world in love. Make a difference in the life of another.
- Stop and smell the roses and think about the sun and rain that made them grow.
- Take a look around and see all the beauty. All is a surprise.
- Reflect on the surprises I became aware of each night or morning during meditation.
- Ask, did I allow myself to be surprised today or was I too busy to stop, look and go?
“Being grateful” is a simple and powerful strategy for happiness, but we are often too busy or don’t know how to get there. I hope this concept of surprise allows you to make the process of being grateful easier and more frequent. There is endless opportunity TO BE GRATEFUL if you are open to SURPRISE!
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help me reach my goal of helping more people in need >> Subscribe
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.
Join Brien on Facebook
Write a Google+ Review
Write a Yelp Review: Belmont Boot Camp, Burlingame Boot Camp, San Carlos Boot Camp, Shamp’s Studio Boot Camp