I have a great home or travel core workout for you that we did in our Fit Body Boot Camp Program today.
No equipment needed, so when you start your travel this summer remember this resource.
I even created a Live video with Coach Cheryle Matteo so you really understand the movements.
Here is the workout….
Perform the following 7 exercises below in order. This is a ladder workout that ascends & descends in volume.
Round #1: Perform 10 Reps
Round #2: Perform 15 Reps
Round #3: Perform 20 Reps
Round #4: Perform 20 Reps *BONUS
Round #5: Perform 15 Reps
Round #6: Perform 10 Reps
Keep the tempo slow and controlled with a focus on breathing with each movement.
Remember to set up prior to each movement for success:
*3B’s= Draw in belly towards spine, engage bladder muscles and tuck butt
*2B’s= Draw in belly towards spine & engage bladder muscles
- 10 Lower Ab Knee Raises *Lift Knees Up – Elevate tailbone off ground – control down *Prisoner position (hands behind head, drive elbows into ground) *Hands to sides as needed *Wide knees *3B’s *Relax neck and teeth *Tongue on roof of mouth
- 10 Oblique Crunches with Hip Flexion (feet in air) *Wide feet *10 Each *Move from core *3B’s *Tongue on roof of mouth *Look at abdomen *Avoid grabbing neck
- 10 Body Saws on 1 Foot (10 each side) *Push-Up Position on Elbows *Lift collar bones 1″ *3B’s *On hands to make it harder
- 10 Cobras *Hold 2 s (Arms to sides –Lock shoulder blades back & down – Squeeze) *Lift upper body only & rotate thumbs up
- 10 Snow Angels/Plank Jacks (On Elbows) *Lift collar bones 1″ *3B’s *Avoid dropping butt
- 10 V-ups or Toe Touches *Increase height of legs to make easier *3B’s *Tongue on roof of mouth *Look at abdomen *Modify with one leg or bent knees. See modification: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrcwkaTZNuE
- 10 Rocking Bridges *Get hips up as high as possible *Rotate hands as needed for wrist comfort *Open pecs and get a good stretch *3B’s *Perform mobility movements for wrists in warm-ups *Modify with regular bridge
After each round rest or perform cardio and repeat with 15 Reps, then 20 Reps, etc. so you finish with 10 Reps at the end.
Make sure to warm-up prior.
Check out How To BEST Prepare For Movement to get the most out of this workout and all movement.
If you would like to have a strategy session about how to look and feel your best again, send me an email and let’s make it happen.
Your friend & coach,
Try out the Fit Body Boot Camp Afterburn Workout for 21 days. You’ll see why we’re rated the best in the Bay Area! 21 Day Rapid Fat Loss Program Boot Camp Trial
Fit Body Boot Camp is the only 30 minute group personal training program that’s fun, affordable, gives you fat loss results and challenges your body every time. Best of all, we guarantee you’ll be happy with the results or you get your money back.
The boot camp sessions are approximately 45-50 minutes long. Each session includes a 10-15 minute warm up phase with mobility and core movements to prepare you for the 30 minute metabolic workout, and then it ends with a 5 minute cool down phase.