Below you will find a comprehensive list of important things to know and information to review to get the most out of our first 2 weeks together.
I recommend that you refer to this program and the resources here often.
Also, be sure to keep and review your “Welcome Email” that I sent for other important information specific to the program.
1. Review the *results proven* ULTIMATE RESET Program designed to RESET your metabolism >>>Ultimate RESET Program<<<
You will find everything you need for nutrition information in the above RESET Plan to have a successful 2 weeks and beyond.
I wrote this simple program a number of years ago and even though I have much more detailed and up to date nutrition plans, my clients tend to use the RESET as a good foundation. Let me know what you think.
Let me know if you want to dive deeper into nutrition.
Most important for weeks 1-2 is just cleaning up the diet. I will also send you frequent coaching emails to support you on the program.
2. Before you go to your first boot camp session, complete the following two online forms:
You can click on the links above to access the form or click on “Online Forms” in the top navigation menu.
My goal for you in the first 7 days is to start changing some of your habits that are creating stress and pain.
You can do it, but the most important thing is your mindset. You have to make YOU a Priority!!!
Much of this begins with being very clear on your goals, when you want to achieve them and how you are going to get there. The “Goal Success Form” will help you with this process and it is your “homework assignment” that is due ASAP 🙂
*Once a week I will email you a copy of your top 3 goals as written in your Goal Success Form. This will help you keep your goals fresh, and remind you to update them if you want to make changes to them.
3. Member Resources: Please go to Member Resources (log in now) and review all of the important web pages available. A partial list of the pages is listed here below. After logging in, you will have access to all the information and forms that are linked in this blog post.
- Boot Camp Tips: helpful list of tips to know before attending boot camp sessions
- Boot Camp Schedule: reserve your boot camp sessions in advance at any location by clicking directly on the schedule and logging in to your Zen Planner account.
- Boot Camp Rules: boot camp etiquette
- Before & After Photo Guidelines: important tips to follow to take the best Before & After photos
- Taking Your Measurements: tips on how to take your best measurements
Also important are the following links:
4. Boot Camp Locations: Visit our locations map to see all of our locations. You can attend unlimited boot camp sessions at any of these locations.
5. Aim to significantly reduce stress in all areas of your life: Do you need more sleep? Are you meeting your daily needs? More is not necessarily better. Exercise is only one part of the fat loss and health improvement equation… even smaller than sleep and food! Review my 7 Daily Primal Needs document & article by clicking on this link. The information contained in it is very important!
6. Do your best to find certified organic food and pastured chicken, pork, wild fish, grass-fed beef, etc. that are free of added hormones and antibiotics. The most important thing regarding preparation is not overcooking your food. It is best to eat high quality animal products that are prepared as rare as you can tolerate so you can maximize digestion.
7. If you are hungry, think “fat” first (avocados, guacamole, olives, seeds, butter, ghee, coconut, animal proteins (pastured, organic, grass fed) and fibrous veggies. Avoid the grains, processed garbage foods, sugar, dairy and soy. I highly recommend that you check out Dr. Mercola’s Food Pyramid by clicking on this link.
8. If you feel worse after a meal then make a note of it and modify that meal for the next time. See if you find trends on how you feel after eating specific foods or meals. What foods and meals make you feel good vs. bad?
9. Keep a daily food journal. If you write down what you are eating and how you feel, you will generally be more aware, eat better and more often. Send me your journal of food intake, exercise and sleep. Also indicate how you felt on a 1-10 scale before, immediately after and 1-2 hours after food consumption. See this webpage on keeping a Food Journal for more info, and download an interactive PDF Daily Nutrition Record Form that you can fill in and email to me as well.
10. Perform 3 minutes of diaphragmatic breathing upon rising and going to sleep: Diaphragmatic Breathing Video
- Lie on your back and start breathing with your belly first, then into your rib cage and then into your chest (instead of starting with your chest)
- Breathe in and out of your nose for approximately 15 seconds each breath (5s inhale –> 5s hold –> 5s exhale)
- While breathing, think about 3 things you are grateful for and then what 3 things you are going to do today or tomorrow to achieve your goals
11. If you don’t attend a boot camp session one day, please do 30 burpees. Seriously, this is the ultimate metabolic exercise and it doesn’t require any equipment. You can do the burpees throughout the day if necessary as long as they add up to 30. If you need a tutorial check here: BURPEES video. If you are too sore, perform the foam roll routine, stretch as much as you need and take a walk.
12. Sleep: Wind down in the evenings around 9:00 pm and be asleep no later than 10:00 pm. Do your best to avoid TV, cell phones and computers after 9:00 pm to optimize melatonin levels and reduce cortisol so that you can sleep better. My goal for you is to sleep at least 7 hours each night. Your body fat will reduce with good sleep. This will most likely be your most difficult assignment but it’s a critical one.
13. Plan & prepare your meals in advance. Generally, high quality food does not just magically show up when you need it. 🙂
14. Stay well hydrated. Start your day with 2 glasses of water (add lemon juice in water if you like). Drink 8 oz. of water before and 1 hour after each meal, but limit water intake during meals (for better digestion). Your goal is to drink at least 64 oz. of water per day. Drink an additional 4 oz. during each exercise session every 15 minutes.
15. Facebook: I will send you an invitation to join our secret Online Coaching Facebook Group. You need an invite to join since it is secret and you cannot see the group until you accept the invitation.
If you have not yet received an invitation, please email us and tell us the email address where you want to get the invitation (ideally it’s the email address that you have associated with Facebook).
Being a part of our online community in this program will provide you with all the information and support you need to achieve your goals; fitness & health AND your life goals!
Fitness and health go deeper than just physical training and eating good food. Managing stress, sleep, and your relationships with others play a major role. I encourage you to ask questions, assist others and share your experiences and solutions. Ask for help when needed and you will progress faster. Be on the team, not a spectator.
If you are not in the coaching group, you may miss important notifications.
I have a public Facebook page as well, please “Like” it and join us there! Brien Shamp Personal Training Facebook Page. Also, I would love it if we were both connected on Facebook as friends! Please go to https://www.facebook.com/brien.shamp and send a friend request to me.
16. Join our Partner Accountability Program. Once a week you connect with your partner and review your goals and successes. The simple act of sharing our goals out loud to a witness gives us more power behind our commitment. For more information click here
Bookmark and visit this webpage often to stay on track and keep the program guidelines fresh in your memory 🙂
Remember that I want to help you and see you succeed! Call me at 650-654-4604 or email me at email@example.com anytime if you have questions I will be your support through this transformation!!
Your friend & coach,