There is no protocol to follow prior to testing, but there are some recommendations for more accurate results.
It doesn’t matter what time of day you test, but you will generally be a few pounds heavier as the day progresses.
- For consistency and trending, I recommend scanning at the same time if you are doing repeat scans.
- It is best to wear minimal clothing. If wearing clothes, tight clothes are a must. However, if clothes are too tight and pinching of your skin occurs it can create the appearance of greater volume and inaccurate measurement (this can happen for those with large breasts and overly tight sports bras).
- Baggie clothing will not work.
- You will be in an enclosed space, so you will have privacy.
- When you remove your clothing, place your clothes on the rack in the upper left part of the room. Items left below the scanner can interfere with the results.
- If you have long hair, please make sure you put it up.
- Make sure you look forward and stand as still as possible for scan.
- Very important…when you first step onto the scale, please do not grab handles until prompted to do so (appro. 30s).
Simple enough, right?
The scan only takes 35s!
After the scan you will receive your results within 5-10 minutes by email.
There is an explanation of the various measures including with your report.