When striving towards a fat loss goal it’s important to limit the amount of bread that you eat, due to all the simple carbs and possible inflammatory effects to your gut and overall body. The recipe below is a great way to enjoy some bread while still maintaining your clean diet. It’s gluten-free and uses flax meal and egg whites to create a soft, fluffy texture.
What you need
2 cups blanched almond flour or coconut flour or casava flour
2 cups flax meal
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 Tablespoons raw honey, melted
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
8 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl combine the almond flour, flax meal and baking soda. Mix well and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Mix the honey and oil into the flax mixture, then quickly fold in the egg whites. Be careful not to over mix the egg whites, so the fluffiness remains.
- Use an ice cream scooper to drop mounds of the batter on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown. Enjoy!
One serving equals 186 calories, 14g fat, 64mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 6g protein
More of my recommended recipes can be found here>>> Recipes
We are adding more recipes daily.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon.
Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. If you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new High-Performance Training Program (HPT) or 42 Day Ultimate Mind & Body Makeover starting Monday!
APPLY HERE>>> Brien Shamp’s Transformation Coaching Interview
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more Silicon Valley Residents to reach their full potential >> Subscribe
Your friend & coach,
Share this delicious healthy recipe by forwarding it to your friends and family! Click Here to share it on Facebook