Is your mind & body in the shape you want it to be? Do you feel free to wear whatever you’d like without needing to cover up any trouble spots?
If not, then I’ve got a step-by-step plan to get you into your best mind & body ever…
Best Mind & Body Ever Step #1: Program Your Mind
Your mind is your number one ally when it comes to achieving your health & fitness goals. However, until your mind has been programmed for success, it will do more to derail your efforts than to help you.
- Take a few moments each day to visualize yourself at your ideal weight and body. Imagine how it feels to look the way you’ve always wanted.
- Protect your mind from any negative self-talk. If a negative thought comes to mind, immediately reject it and think of 3 things you are grateful for.
- You want to be thin and fit, and yet you think of yourself as out-of-shape and fat. Re-program your mind to think of yourself as fit and attractive, and you will be well on your way toward achieving your goal.
- Give up the belief that you can’t achieve the body and health you’ve always dreamed of. See it first in your mind, and then in the mirror.
Best Mind & Body Ever Step #2: Conquer Your Fear
Change makes most of us nervous – even if it is a change in the right direction. You may not be consciously aware of the fear you have of getting into shape. Until you conquer this fear, your best body and health efforts will be blocked by self-sabotage.
Professional speaker and author, Anthony Robbins, has outlined three specific beliefs that you must have in order to conquer your fear and instantly create a lasting change.
- Believe that something MUST change. You can’t be wishy-washy about it. You can’t be considering it. You can’t even be pretty sure about it. You’ve got to be rock solid.
- Believe that YOU must change it. You can’t pass the buck of responsibility and expect to lose weight and fat. It’s on your shoulders. Other people will prove to be great assets in your journey, but in the end you are the one who is going to make it happen. You have to want this weight loss and improved health enough to make it your personal mission.
- Believe you CAN change it. You may have failed in the past, but that doesn’t matter. When you put your mind to it, you’re able to do amazing things. Do you believe that you are capable of losing weight and getting fit? Once you own the belief that you can, you’ll be unstoppable.
Best Mind & Body Ever Step #3: Lose Your Excuses
Your excuses for being out-of-shape are getting old. An excuse takes less immediate effort than an action, but in the long run the action taker always has the advantage. Don’t allow excuses to ruin your life any longer.
- Don’t skip out on your responsibilities with excuses, instead expect more from yourself.
- Focus on the big reason why you want to lose weight, get healthy, get fit, etc. Make a list of the benefits you’ll enjoy once you achieve your goal and read them first thing each morning.
- Remember that you can only have two things in life: excuses or results. Which do you want?
Best Mind & Body Ever Step #4: Strengthen Your Commitment
How many times have you tried to lose weight, only to give up a week or two later? We live in a commitment-phobic world, so it’s no wonder that you routinely abandon your goals. If you truly want to lose weight and get healthy once and for all, then your commitment to the process is a must.
- The margin between success and failure is bridged by your commitment. Don’t give up until your goal has been achieved.
- Treat exercise with the same importance as a work meeting, and you’ll never skip it at the last minute. Find three available 30-minute time slots in your schedule and mark them on your calendar. Now stick to your schedule.
- If you don’t give up, then you’ll never fail.
Best Mind & Body Ever Step #5: Control Your Diet
If you consistently eat the wrong food, then your weight loss and health efforts will all be in vain. To put it bluntly, you need to stop eating junk. Highly processed foods, refined sugar and high fructose corn syrup do not belong in your diet if you want to be in great shape. Cut these items out of your diet and replace them with real whole foods like lean meats, vegetables, whole grains (gluten free), nuts, seeds and fruits.
- Don’t eat highly processed foods. Even though processed foods are accepted by our society, they contain tons of chemicals and empty calories that will make you sick and fat.
- Fat contains twice the caloric density of protein and carbohydrates, so make sure to limit the amount that you consume if you are not getting the results you like with a higher fat diet. Eat lots of lean proteins and wholesome carbohydrates from plants and whole grains (gluten-free).
- Vegetables, whole grains, fruits, nuts and seeds are filled with fiber and antioxidants which are vital for healthy weight loss and fitness. Snack on these instead of packaged treats.
Best Mind & Body Ever Step #6: Utilize Your Patience
It takes time to transform your mind & body from fat to fit, even though you want it to happen overnight. Remind yourself that it took time to put the fat weight on, so it will take time to take the weight off. When you find your patience wavering, or when you encounter a frustrating plateau, do the following:
- Review your goal. Is it specific and measurable? Is it small and attainable, rather than monumental? Focus on your goal when the going gets tough.
- Make each workout a new experience. Challenge your body with different resistance, new exercises and a varied pace.
- Remember that anyone can have one great workout, but that won’t get you the mind & body you want. The only way to achieve your goal is by slowing down your breathing, drinking your water, consistently exercising, eating right, getting quality sleep… taking care of you, plain and simple.
Best Mind & Body Ever Step #7: Build Your Support
People who exercise alone are less challenged, less accountable and are more likely to fail. It makes sense. Who would rush to the gym if no one is was waiting for them? Who would push themselves if no one was paying attention? Exercising solo is a recipe for disaster.
- Find a workout partner who is in better shape than you, or better yet, work with me, your fitness expert, to guarantee your results.
- I am passionate about seeing you achieve results—don’t waste your time, energy and effort on mistakes.
- When you start a program with me, you suddenly have the upper hand on weight and fat loss. I’ll be in your corner, coaching you each step of the way, keeping you accountable to workouts and giving you that dose of encouragement when you need it most.
Get serious about your results and begin the last weight loss program that you’ll ever do.
Call or email today to schedule a strategy session.
Some of Our Recent Transformations…
603 Harbor Blvd
BS, CSCS, CMT, C.H.E.K. NLC II, SGXMet-Rx “World’s Best Personal Trainer”, 2000
“Best in the Bay” for Weight Loss by KRON 4, 2009
“Top 10 Personal Trainers” by PFT Magazine, 2011
“Best Boot Camp” by SF A-List, 2014 & 2016Brien Shamp’s Fitness, Nutrition & Coaching
You Snooze, You Lose
Sleep matters when it comes to dropping fat.
Your body requires a certain number of hours for rest and recovery, especially when your workouts are dialed in. 7 to 8 hrs per night is a solid amount.
A study that followed nearly 70,000 women for 16 years showed that those sleeping less than 5 hrs per night weighed more than those sleeping 7 to 8 hrs per night.