Slow Cooker Turkey and Kale Soup
Want to get fit and build your immune system? This delicious soup recipe is a fantastic way to eat a low calorie, high protein dinner filled with valuable vitamins and minerals.
There’s bone broth that’s rich in soothing, immune system supporting minerals. There’s fresh kale with magical healing properties. There’s tender meat for usable protein. There’s quinoa with wholesome complex carbs. And it’s finished off with fresh lemon juice for a shot of vitamin C.
Paired with a green salad, this meal is light, full of fiber and will help you towards your best body yet!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 pounds bone-in breast, turkey or chicken, skin removed
1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
2 parsnips, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
8 cups bone broth
1 cup uncooked quinoa
3 cups lacinato kale, chopped
2 lemons, juiced
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Place 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey breast; cook until well browned on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet and return to high heat. Add the garlic, onion, celery, parsnips, carrots, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked veggies to the slow cooker and stir in the broth. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Transfer the turkey breast from the slow cooker to a plate, remove the meat from the bones and shred. Return the meat to the slow cooker and stir in the quinoa and kale. Cover and cook on low for an hour, until the quinoa is tender.
- Generously season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in lemon juice and garnish with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
One serving equals 305 calories, 6g fat, 18g carbohydrate, 952mg sodium, 4g fiber, and 47g protein.
More of my recommended recipes can be found here>>> Recipes
We are adding more recipes daily.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try soon.
Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. If you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new High-Performance Training Program (HPT) or 1:1 Success Coaching starting Monday!
APPLY HERE>>> Brien Shamp’s Transformation Coaching Interview
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more Silicon Valley Residents to reach their full potential >> Subscribe
Your friend & coach,
Share this delicious healthy recipe by forwarding it to your friends and family! Click Here to share it on Facebook