Here’s an EXCITING slow cooker chicken dinner recipe to spice up your life!
By wrapping our chicken breast with strips of turkey bacon, cooking over sweet potato and covering with BBQ-covered green apples we create a dish that is BURSTING with flavor, while staying healthy on fitness friendly.
Be sure to use a BBQ sauce that has no added sugars. I used Primal Kitchen’s Golden BBQ Sauce which has only 1 gram of sugar per 2 Tablespoons.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
2 sweet potatoes
3 Green Apples
⅓ cup natural BBQ sauce (avoid ones with added sugars)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon coconut sugar (optional)
4 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts
8 slices Turkey Bacon
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, for garnish
- Skin the sweet potatoes and slice into half-moons.
- Lightly grease the bottom of a large slow cooker with coconut oil. Place the sweet potatoes in the slow cooker. Seed and dice the apples.
- In a medium bowl combine the BBQ sauce, lemon juice and coconut sugar. Mix until fully incorporated and then stir in the apples.
- Slice the turkey bacon strips in half, lengthwise to create 16 strips. Wrap each chicken breast with 4 strips and place in the slow cooker on top of the sweet potato.
- Top the chicken with the BBQ-apple mixture. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. Serve with a side of Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower!
One serving equals: 432 calories, 3g fat, 687mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate, 9g fiber, 21g sugar and 41g protein.
Motivate your friends, family and co-workers! Use the “refer a friend” link below to forward this newsletter and subscribe your friends.
Please let me know if you have any questions!
Your friend and coach,