Ideally, warm-up prior with self-massage and mobility exercises. See this post: How To Prepare For Workouts
WOD: Perform the following 8 Core Exercises in a circuit for 40s each with 10s Rest for 3 Rounds. The first movement is a cardio movement and the rest are core movements.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s Work, 10s Rest, 8 Sets, 30s Transition Time after completing each Round*
**Heart Rate Monitor Zone: 3-5. Get the heart rate up during this time to an anaerobic zone (non-conversational intensity). Zones 4-5 are generally anaerobic zones. Zone 3 is an aerobic zone. Work in zones 4 & 5 for 10 minutes or more as tolerated**
*Connect your heart rate monitor to Coresync App for the workout or any workout>>> CORESYNC
If attending the LIVE Session, connect your heart rate monitor to the CoreSync app > click on workouts at the bottom > select class time and we will be able to see your heart rate, workout intensity and calories expended.
- Heel/Toe Jump Rope or Imaginary Jump Rope *Land on ball of the foot with toes up *Modify as needed without jumping
- MB/DB/KB Seated Russian Twists: *Sit tall & lengthened *Extend arms, increase load & speed to increase intensity *Rotate right to left *Keep shoulders down *Modify in supine position *Keep Belly in for added Stability and exhale through mouth
- Lateral Ape (Alternate directions each rep): *Sit in full squat and attempt to get heels to ground (widen feet as needed) > with straight arms reach and jump to side > squat *Collar bones up 1” *For those who lack mobility or motor skill sit in a squat by holding something and work on opening hips- attempt to sit on heels and open right hip then left hip *Breathe rhythmically
- Supine Lower Ab Curl with Foam Roll/ Small Ball*Place Roll or Ball under legs and lock it into place with heels* *Hands under tailbone or off to sides *Stay tight to keep ball underneath knees as you roll back *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
- Supine Bridge Hold with Feet on Chair/Couch/Swiss Ball – Alt Leg Raise *Dig heels into chair/couch/swiss ball *While in bridge, lift one leg as high as possible to get a stretch in hamstring and calf > Switch *Feet close *Keep hips up *Keep feet and leg straight & active *Modify with bridge *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
- Fist Plank (Floor) Jacks: *While in plank position on hands or fists, bring legs out & in (AB & AD) *Keep hips up *Straight legs *Start in push-up position with hands lower than chest, spread fingers, lift collar bones up 1″, corkscrew elbows *Modify on Knees *Keep Belly in for added Stability – Breathe rhythmically
- Band Standing Pull Aparts (T & Diagonals) *Stand on 1 foot as tolerated (20s each side) *Grab band with palms up approximately shoulder width (don’t grab the handles) *Bring hands closer to start to make harder *Finish with arms completely extended in a T and squeeze shoulder blades *Then perform a diagonal pattern 11-5 and 1-7 *Keep arms straight *Lift collar bones up 1 and pack the shoulders *Keep hands chest height or lower *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
- Supine Knee Hugs: *Start by Laying on your Back with your Arms Overhead > Extend Legs > Imprint Spine > Sit Up & Hug your Knees > Relax Down > Repeat *Avoid touching ground to make harder *Look Down *Tongue on Roof of Mouth *Modify with One Leg or Supine Roll *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
Finisher: *Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s Work, 10s Rest, 3 Sets
Lateral Step Squat Hold: *Start with Feet Shoulder Width *Hinge from Hips to Squat Hold > Side Step Laterally Right to Left *Get as deep as possible with Squat without moving Shin forward *Go lower as tolerated while keeping Posture & Neutral Spine *Keep Belly in for added Stability – Breathe rhythmically
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min *Heart Rate Monitor Zone: 1 – Emphasize slow deep breaths.
I hope that you get a chance to give this workout a try soon.
Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. If you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new Coaching Program starting Monday!
APPLY HERE>>> Brien Shamp’s Transformation Coaching Interview
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
For more workouts like this check out our online workout area here: Fitness Challenges/Travel Workouts We are adding more workouts daily
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more people to reach their full potential >> Subscribe & Get Our Free Foam Roller Guide Resource
Your friend & coach,
Share this #Workout by forwarding it to your friends and family!