Ideally, warm-up prior with self-massage and mobility exercises. See this post: How To Prepare For Workouts
WOD: Perform the following 6 Exercises for 20s each with 10s Rest for 6 Sets Total, one after the other.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 20s Work, 10s Rest, 6 Sets, 30s Transition Time after completing all 6 Sets*
**Heart Rate Monitor Zone: Blue to Orange. Get the heart rate up during this time to an anaerobic zone (non-conversational intensity). Orange Zones are generally anaerobic zones. Blue Zone is an aerobic zone. Work in zones 4 & 5 for 10 minutes or more as tolerated**
*Connect your heart rate monitor to Coresync App for the workout or any workout>>> CORESYNC
If attending the LIVE Session, connect your heart rate monitor to the CoreSync app > click on workouts at the bottom > Click on LIVE > select class time and we will be able to see your heart rate, workout intensity and calories expended.
- SB/KB/DB/Heavy Object Standing Push Press: *This is a partial squat with the goal of using the legs to help the arms press more weight *Feet Hip Width *Keep Head Back & Eyes Forward *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Hinge from Hips – Not a Squat *Elbows In *Force is created by pushing Feet into ground *Modify for those with Shoulder Issues by holding Weight & Performing Squats *Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the way down and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
- Squat Thrust Sit Thru: Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4wtBbYydlE *25-45 lbs *Squat Thrust is a Push-Up Hold with a Jump Up – Most important is to not let the hips sag *After going to Push-Up hold position extend one leg and same side arm and repeat on other side, get up and repeat *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Keep Hands lower than Chest to relax Shoulders *Squeeze Shoulder Blades at end ROM *Avoid drop in Hips with Thrust & Extended Leg (that can cause Back Pain easily) *Modify with Burpee or Get up anyway possible *Draw the belly in toward the spine the whole time. Inhale on the PULL and exhale, with Kegel contraction (engage bladder) on the way down (opposite of others movements)
- Squat Hold Lateral Step (Add Ankle Band Around Legs If Possible) *Feet Hip Width *Keep Head Back & Eyes Forward *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Hinge from Hip & Lower into a Squat & Hold while Stepping Right to Left *Modification: Hold onto something to get lower *Keep Belly in for added Stability – Breathe rhythmically
- Dive Bomber Push-Up: *Do on Fists if strong enough *Corkscrew Elbows In *Lift Collar Bones 1″ *Similar to a Cobra & Downward Dog Combo *Modification: Small Dive Bomb or Kneeling Push-Ups*Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the way down and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
- Chair/Stool Step-Ups with Knee Drive (3 sets each side): *Hold load as desired *Keep body weight on front leg/foot that is on step-barely touch back foot on way down, only toes *Lift collar bones 1″- cue to pack the shoulders *Go faster or load to increase intensity *Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the way down and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (engage bladder) on the way up.
- Single Leg KB/DB Bent Over Rows (3 Sets Each Side): Video example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcE5kxul_Jc *Keep Head Back & Eyes Forward *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Modify with Staggered Stance 1-Arm Row *Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the PULL and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (engage bladder) on the way down (opposite of others movements)
Finisher: Squat – Jump & Rotate- 20s x 10s x 4-6 Sets
*Start in athletic position- feet shoulder width *Turn body to right or left but keep eyes facing video – keep head from moving *Squat down and attempt to lower the hips as low as possible keeping a flat back > Jump > Rotate > Repeat *Modify with Quick Feet & Rotation *Breathe rhythmically
Cool Down Stretches: 5 min *Heart Rate Monitor Zone: 1 – Emphasize slow deep breaths.
I hope that you get a chance to give this workout a try soon.
Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. If you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new Coaching Program starting Monday!
APPLY HERE>>> Brien Shamp’s Transformation Coaching Interview
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
For more workouts like this check out our online workout area here: Fitness Challenges/Travel Workouts We are adding more workouts daily
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more people to reach their full potential >> Subscribe & Get Our Free Foam Roller Guide Resource
Your friend & coach,
Share this #Workout by forwarding it to your friends and family!