Ideally, warm-up prior with self-massage and mobility exercises. See this post: How To Prepare For Workouts
WOD: Alternate the following 8 Core~Cardio Exercises two at a time for 40s each with 10s Rest for 4 Sets.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s Work, 10s Rest, 6 Sets, 30s Transition Time after completing all 8 Sets*
**Heart Rate Monitor Zone: Blue to Orange. Get the heart rate up during this time to an anaerobic zone (non-conversational intensity). Orange Zones are generally anaerobic zones. Blue Zone is an aerobic zone. Work in zones 4 & 5 for 10 minutes or more as tolerated**
*Connect your heart rate monitor to Coresync App for the workout or any workout>>> CORESYNC
If attending the LIVE Session, connect your heart rate monitor to the CoreSync app > click on workouts at the bottom > Click on LIVE > select class time and we will be able to see your heart rate, workout intensity and calories expended.
- Quadruped with Opp. Arm & Leg ( Hold 3s each side) *Get on your hands and knees (four point position) with your knees and hands, hip and shoulders width apart. Keep your hands directly under the shoulders and knees directly under the hips. Flex the feet to contact the toes. Lengthen your spine to neutral position (tall/stretch through the top of your head to activate your core stabilizers). Spread your fingers and rotate your arms and hands slightly (like digging in to the sand) to activate the scapular stabilizers – like shoulder blade goes toward back pocket. Hold this position while you slide one hand forward and lift it from the ground. Return it to the ground and “dig in”. Repeat on the other arm. Hold the position while you slide one foot backward to straighten the knee and slightly lift the leg from the ground – focus on using the glutes and keep the pelvis level. Return and stabilize. Repeat on the other leg. Keep the back straight, shoulders level and activated, and pelvis level – don’t arch or twist the spine. *Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the way down and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
- Double Airborne Heisman’s/Eq Side Steps *Opp. Arm & Leg *Toes Up *Relax heels
- KB/DB Figure 8 to Hold: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3kihgzdGAc *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Keep Head Back & Eyes Forward *Hinge from Hips – Not a Squat *Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the way down and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
- NordicTrack *Stay tight *Opp. arm & leg * Get full extension with back leg *Breathe Rhythmically
- Equalizer/Floor Triceps Extensions *Wide knees *Lift collar bones *Bring knees back to make harder *Squeeze Butt *Modification: Bring Knees Forward – Butt Out *Keep belly in the whole time. *Inhale on the way down and exhale with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
- Lateral High Knee Run (switch directions every few sec) *Land on ball of foot – Toes up *Drive elbows *Opp. arm & leg *Stay tall *Modify with March *Breathe rhythmically
- Glider Mountain Climbers: *Push~Up Position *Feet on Gliders *Knees barely off the ground *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Corkscrew Elbows In *Glide Head Back *Get Full ROM with Hip extension *Modify with Standing Mountain Climber *Keep Belly in *Breathe rhythmically
- Squat Hold with Side Step (Alternate Sides): *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Feet no wider than Shoulder Width *Step to Right > Step to Left *Hinge & Lower into Squat and Hold *Avoid going too far to side *Keep Belly in for added Stability – Breathe rhythmically
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min *Heart Rate Monitor Zone: 1 – They should be here before leaving. Emphasize slow deep breaths.
Bring it in and Break it down and give the team some love! Word of the Week = RELAX
I hope that you get a chance to give this workout a try soon.
Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. If you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new Coaching Program starting Monday!
APPLY HERE>>> Brien Shamp’s Transformation Coaching Interview
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
For more workouts like this check out our online workout area here: Fitness Challenges/Travel Workouts We are adding more workouts daily
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more people to reach their full potential >> Subscribe & Get Our Free Foam Roller Guide Resource
Your friend & coach,
Share this #Workout by forwarding it to your friends and family!