Ideally, warm-up prior with self-massage and mobility exercises. See this post: How To Prepare For Workouts
Dynamic Warm-Up: Goal is to stay aerobic. Emphasize nose breathing and controlled breathing
- Toes up, land on ball of foot
- Drive elbows, hands should go cheek to cheek- keep arms at 90
- Maintain good posture- look straight ahead
- Explode/react off the ground
10 Yard Running Drills (Perform each drill 2-4x for 5 min)
- Forward Jog *Cue to push backwards into the ground to go forwards.
- Backwards Jog *Hinge from hips – flat back*Cue to push forwards into the ground to go backwards.
- High Knee Skip *Goal is to work on stride frequency (quick leg turnover) so explode off the ground *Land with toes up on ball of the foot *Arm drive helps the leg drive
- High Knee Run *Goal is to work on stride frequency (quick leg turnover) so explode off the ground *Land with toes up on ball of the foot *Arm drive helps the leg drive
- Lateral Push-Off *Start in athletic position and perform a lateral step to the right by pushing with the left foot to go laterally to the right (for every action there is an opposite reaction) > back in athletic position and repeat (kind of like a one leg lateral hop) *Not a speed drill, but a power drill (Repeat on other side after completion of 10 yards)
- Lateral Shuffle *Start in athletic position *Goal is quick feet
- Carioca *Start in athletic position *Goal is quick feet
WOD: Alternate the following 6 Core~Cardio Exercises two at a time for 40s each with 10s Rest for 4 Rounds.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 40s Work, 10s Rest, 6 Sets, 30s Transition Time after completing all 6 Sets*
**Heart Rate Monitor Zone: Blue to Orange. Get the heart rate up during this time to an anaerobic zone (non-conversational intensity). Orange Zones are generally anaerobic zones. Blue Zone is an aerobic zone. Work in zones 4 & 5 for 10 minutes or more as tolerated**
*Connect your heart rate monitor to Coresync App for the workout or any workout>>> CORESYNC
If attending the LIVE Session, connect your heart rate monitor to the CoreSync app > click on workouts at the bottom > Click on LIVE > select class time and we will be able to see your heart rate, workout intensity and calories expended.
- KB/DB/Weighted Object Walking Fireman Carry (Weight in both Hands): *Fast Walk – Cue for Heel to Toe Landing *Keep Belly in for added Stability – Breathe rhythmically
- Kneeling Band or MB/DB/KB/Weighted Object Horizontal Trunk Rotation: *Keep Arms straight at Chest height *Rotate from Core *Pivot from Ankle > Knee > Hip & Trunk with each Rotation *Inhale with rib cage expansion/belly relaxed on the way down and exhale, drawing in of the belly and Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
- MB/DB/KB/Weighted Object Supine Sit-Up Chops: *Start MB at Chest or Overhead if tolerated > Chop RT > Center > LT *Keep Imprint of Spine *Look Down *Tongue on Roof of Mouth *Dig Heels *Modify with Heel Tap or Reverse Curl & Avoid Overhead for those with Shoulder Issues *Keep belly in **Inhale on the way down and exhale with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up
- DB/KB/Weighted Object Windmill (20s Each Side): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nxnogyKVnE *Feet Shoulder Width *Shift Feet to 45 Degree Angle *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Lock Shoulders Back & Down *Keep Head Back & Eyes on DB/KB *Hinge from Hips *Work on more ROM as tolerated *Modify with Side Bend without lifting KB Overhead *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
- Stability Ball Prone Alt. Hip Ext Hold with AB/AD: *Hands under shoulders, belly supported by Ball *Bring legs up with feet together and hold (engage glutes without hyperextending spine) > Open & Close Legs *Keep Legs Straight *Modify without ball *Keep Belly in for added Stability – Breathe rhythmically
- KB/DB/Heavy Object Figure 8 to Hold: *Keep Head Back & Eyes Forward *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Hinge from Hips – Not a Squat *Maintain Shin Angle *Modify with Single Leg Bridges *Keep Belly in for added Stability – Breathe rhythmically
*Add more Cardio if Time permits*
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min *Heart Rate Monitor Zone: 1 – Emphasize slow deep breaths.
I hope that you get a chance to give this workout a try soon.
Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. If you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new Coaching Program starting Monday!
APPLY HERE>>> Brien Shamp’s Transformation Coaching Interview
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
For more workouts like this check out our online workout area here: Fitness Challenges/Travel Workouts We are adding more workouts daily
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more people to reach their full potential >> Subscribe & Get Our Free Foam Roller Guide Resource
Your friend & coach,
Share this #Workout by forwarding it to your friends and family!