Ideally, warm-up prior with self-massage and mobility exercises. See this post: How To Prepare For Workouts
WOD: Perform the following 6 Exercises for 20s each with 10s Rest for 6 Sets total before moving on to the next Exercise.
*Set Gym Boss or Interval App to: 20s Work, 10s Rest, 6 Sets, 30s Transition Time after each completing all 6 Sets*
**Heart Rate Monitor Zone: Blue to Orange. Get the heart rate up during this time to an anaerobic zone (non-conversational intensity). Orange Zones are generally anaerobic zones. Blue Zone is an aerobic zone. Work in zones 4 & 5 for 10 minutes or more as tolerated**
*Connect your heart rate monitor to Coresync App for the workout or any workout>>> CORESYNC
If attending the LIVE Session, connect your heart rate monitor to the CoreSync app > click on workouts at the bottom > Click on LIVE > select class time and we will be able to see your heart rate, workout intensity and calories expended.
- SB/DB/KB/MB Bear Hug Squats: *Give the weight you are holding a big hug- Hold it close to the body *Lift Collar Bones 1” *Keep Head Back & Eyes Forward *Squeeze Shoulder Blades *Hinge from Hip & Get Low *Teach proper lifting mechanics when lifting weight from floor *Modify with Box Squats as needed or lower weight *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
- Dive Bomber Push-Up: *Do on Fists if strong enough *Corkscrew Elbows In *Lift Collar Bones 1″ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66-v0AaANHk *Similar to a Cobra~Downward Dog Combo *Modify with Small Dive Bomb or Plank *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
- One Leg Squat w. Box/Chair/Step (3 Sets per Side): *Start with Feet together and bend one Knee (Flex at 90 Degrees) *Hinge & Lower into Squat into Chair/Box *Avoid Forward Shin Movement *Modify with Split Squat or Squat *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
- KB Alternating Side Lunges: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liFeq7swKfc *Hold Weight as tolerated between Legs *Side Lunge to Right > Hinge & Lower Right Glute as Low as possible > Fully Extend Hip & Quad & Squeeze Butt > Alternate *Lift Collar Bones 1″ *Lock Shoulder Blades Back & Down *Eyes Forward *Mobility is Priority over Load – Work on Depth of Lunge > Speed > Load *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
- Seated Band Rows w. Spinal Flexion/Extension: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuP0bqxH0Jc&feature=youtu.be *Sit Tall *Lift Collar Bones 1″ *Grab Bands at Chest Height & Scoot back to create more Tension *Hinge Forward (Flexion) from Hip *Keep Back Flat & Chest Up > Hinge Back (Extension) & Row *Squeeze Shoulder Blades *Draw belly in toward spine the whole time. *Modify with any other type of rows Inhale on the PULL and exhale, with Kegel contraction (engage bladder) on the way down (opposite of others movements)
- Swiss Ball/Gliders Leg Curls: *Feet on Top of ball/Gliders *Start with Feet Together *Dig Heels into Ball *Use Hands as needed to assist *Raise Arms or use 1 Leg to make harder *Inhale on the way down and exhale, with Kegel contraction (squeeze & lift of pelvic floor – should feel bladder & sphincter engaging) on the way up – Keep Belly in for added Stability
Group Finisher: Lateral Shuffle Drill: 20s x 10s x 6 Sets
*Stay Low and be in control of Body as Ankle Injury can result easily with those that try to go beyond their means *Keep Feet from crossing over *Try to touch as many Cones as possible in 20s *Keep Belly in for added Stability – Breathe rhythmically
Perform 5 Burpees then Switch to High Knees for 20 Contacts each Foot *Keep Switching for 3 Minutes
Circle Time-Cool Down Stretches: 5 min *Heart Rate Monitor Zone: 1 – Emphasize slow deep breaths.
I hope that you get a chance to give this workout a try soon.
Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things health & fitness. If you are not yet one of my prized clients apply as soon as you can to schedule an interview for our new Coaching Program starting Monday!
APPLY HERE>>> Brien Shamp’s Transformation Coaching Interview
I’d love to help you achieve your best self!
For more workouts like this check out our online workout area here: Fitness Challenges/Travel Workouts We are adding more workouts daily
Please share my educational content with your friends and family and help us influence even more people to reach their full potential >> Subscribe & Get Our Free Foam Roller Guide Resource
Your friend & coach,
Share this #Workout by forwarding it to your friends and family!